DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi to everyone, from Rhyl North Wales UK, I bought my Mavic Air about three months

PhilipM

Reactions
Hi to everyone, from Rhyl North Wales UK, I bought my Mavic Air about three months back, I am a member on here now. I have been on the sidelines just reading about drone missapps & such, the tips i am picking up I'm sure I will find very useful. Did buy a Parrot Bebop drone a few years back but even with the large controller I found it so difficult to fly, slightest of a breeze sent it off somewhere you did not want it to go, I thought it was me due to my disability so I gave up. As I said I bought the Mavic Air few months back, what a difference I love it I'm out as much as I can be flying, I have the bug & looking at some of the Mavic Air bigger brothers but will fly my M/A for at least a year before upgrading, I don't like throwing cash away. Register with the UK CAA, my ID displayed on my drone.
Just saying hi really bit long winded,

One question the RTH is it best to leave as RTH ( which I do set up on every flight ) or would Hoover be better, myself I'm thinking it would depend on the area you are flying

If your flying under any trees then I would use hover
but other than that i have mine set at 150’ as that will clear everthing in my area.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

I fly out over the water most of the time so always have it at RTH but as has been said it depends on your flight really and where it’s going.
Best to have a checklist for things to verify before flying.

there are a few things I check and change every flight ..

If you are flying under trees and it tells you that it's returning to home
As soon as you hear the message hit the rth button.
This de activates the rth.
Also do the same for any emergency as its a pause button and when hit the drone stops whatever its doing.
This is for ma2
Don't no if the ma is the same

but other than that i have mine set at 150’ as that will clear everthing in my area.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Thank you

If you are flying under trees and it tells you that it's returning to home
As soon as you hear the message hit the rth button.
This de activates the rth.
Also do the same for any emergency as its a pause button and when hit the drone stops whatever its doing.
This is for ma2
Don't no if the ma is the same
Thank you

Welcome to the Forum!
You have a great little bird and are bound to enjoy it, hopefully for a long time.
I’m with dirkclod on the RTH setting.
Great Avatar photo by the way.
Thank you enjoying flying my M/A I'm not doing much due to this covid lockdown, plus I've just been tested for covid but thankfully it is only Pneumonia

Welcome to the forum.
Ok thanks

I fly out over the water most of the time so always have it at RTH but as has been said it depends on your flight really and where it’s going.
Best to have a checklist for things to verify before flying.

there are a few things I check and change every flight ..
I have started to look & change setting in the last 4 weeks, I'm not a 100% tech person being 60 y/old now but getting braver with the changes I'm doing. The drone is helping me to see places I can't get to on my mobility scooter. Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000