DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hidden Britain By Drone

Cymruflyer

Reactions
I have not heard about this from anyone nor read anything about the programme. I just discovered it by chance this evening, as I was clicking through some TV channels, it is called Hidden Britain By Drone and created by the BBC and presented by Tony Robinson. I watched it on WVIZ in channel 25-1 in Cleveland Ohio on Thursday evening and it ended at 10:45pm.

They even used a special submersible drone for some underwater filming of a reservoir in Powys Wales. Nice to see that the BBC have been using drones in a positive way to show the public how drones can be used for their entertainment. Has anyone seen this programme in the USA or the UK?

Reactions: Mrmund and Stormin
There are some trailers online (just Google “Hidden Britain by Drone”) that look pretty interesting... some beautiful BBC quality cinematography and drones in use too- they are pretty impressive airships they are using for this. I have not seen the show here in the US, will have to backdoor it if one wants to watch It on BBC, or perhaps one of the paid networks?

It was created for channel4 .. not the bbc.
Heres a pic of the drone
7c835cc7-ba58-4d4f-82c4-424dc5eb87bd.jpg

Reactions: Mrmund
Heres a pic of the drone

Hi, pretty certain Tony Robinson, in the intro, does a piece to the camera and says something like......”with the help of my two friends.....” and two drones drop down into shot, one over each of his shoulders. One is the one you show, but pretty certain the other is the I2. Always wondered what the other was besides the I2 so thanks for clearing the mini mystery up for me....sure looks like a beast! Take care and catch you later. Peter

It's interesting that's being shown your side now, as the series went out here a couple of years ago and has been rerun at least once.
Certainly quite a positive approach but a few times I thought they did things *we* aren't supposed to do, and quite often no drone was actually needed.

It's interesting that's being shown your side now, as the series went out here a couple of years ago and has been rerun at least once.
Certainly quite a positive approach but a few times I thought they did things *we* aren't supposed to do, and quite often no drone was actually needed.

I thought that to, but then I guess the main stream media are given a little more latitude than us ”Meer mortals ?”

Heres a pic of the drone
In the only episode I watched, so far, They showed what looked like a possible Mavic air and a Phantom, plus an inspire flying in some of the shots. I did not get to see the very beginning of the show because I tuned in half way through, by accident. I shall take a look tonight and tomorrow, in case it is not on tonight, to see if it is every Thursday here. I am hoping it will be at least every Thursday, hate to think it was just a one off. They show the BBC logo on the screen at the end of the show, that's why I thought it was a BBC production.

Just check their schedule and in the Cleveland Ohio area, it will be every Thursday at 10pm for an hour.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54