DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

high frequency gimble vibration

Pantherjoe

Reactions
After dozens of perfect flights recording video I started getting the dreaded jello effect.
When the Mavic is sitting on the work bench and is turned on you can feel the gimble vibrate.I have reset camera settings, EMU re-calibration,gimble re-calibration etc.When it does start to vibrate you can hear a high frequency signal coming from the Mavic.I never get a Gimble vibration warning on the controller.
Never crashed or had hard landings, the gimble plate is under all the usual tabs and rubber bands.
Really frustrating,and thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Is it the onboard fan??
What happens when you take off? does the gimbal vibrate/oscillate more?

Yes Mako79 it seems just as bad in flight. When its starts to act up I hit the 5th button to put the gimble straight down then up but that only corrects it for a few moments.I had it on the work bench long enough for the fan to kick on, so I don't think there is any connection there.Is there a way to totally reboot the software?
Hoping some more pilots can chime in on this problem, because it is very discouraging to have a useless video produced by a awesome aircraft.

Yes Mako79 it seems just as bad in flight. When its starts to act up I hit the 5th button to put the gimble straight down then up but that only corrects it for a few moments.I had it on the work bench long enough for the fan to kick on, so I don't think there is any connection there.Is there a way to totally reboot the software?
Hoping some more pilots can chime in on this problem, because it is very discouraging to have a useless video produced by a awesome aircraft.
did you enable prop cage in the dji go app? If so, this is known to increase gains in the motors. This will cause jello and vibrations through the craft. Is your craft vibrating??

You have self induced vibration when it's just sitting on the bench, with the motors off?
IMHO It's either a gimbal wiring/circuit board problem or the the firmware has been corrupted. If it was me I would try rolling back the firmware and see if that works. If that does not pan out I suggest sending it to ThunderDrones.

Rob

Didn't see you say anything about props. Try installing new props. Old or out of balance props can cause this.
Simple try anyway.

Didn't see you say anything about props. Try installing new props. Old or out of balance props can cause this.
Simple try anyway.
Props are the same as when I had no problems. It has the high frequency vibration while sitting on workbench with motors not running. I calibrated imu, compass and still no help. How do I reinstall firmware?

You have self induced vibration when it's just sitting on the bench, with the motors off?
IMHO It's either a gimbal wiring/circuit board problem or the the firmware has been corrupted. If it was me I would try rolling back the firmware and see if that works. If that does not pan out I suggest sending it to ThunderDrones.

Rob
Yes Rob.dont even have to have RC on. When in flight and I get the vibration/ jello effect,any movement of the gimble will stop it bit only for a few seconds. How do you roll back firmware?
Thanks

I have what sounds like exactly the same issue. I can feel the tiny but severe vibrations through the gimbal when the Mavic is just sat on the side. My gimbal won't even calibrate any more.
I've tried resetting to factory settings then reinstalling the firmware.

All videos I can find online talk about th plate sitting in the wrong place, corners sitting outside of the shell or the plat sitting about that little hook at the back, but mine appears to be sitting correct. Never had a crash and only flown once.

Has anyone solved this issue or any advice on what to try?

Thanks in advance.

I have what sounds like exactly the same issue. I can feel the tiny but severe vibrations through the gimbal when the Mavic is just sat on the side. My gimbal won't even calibrate any more.
I've tried resetting to factory settings then reinstalling the firmware.

All videos I can find online talk about th plate sitting in the wrong place, corners sitting outside of the shell or the plat sitting about that little hook at the back, but mine appears to be sitting correct. Never had a crash and only flown once.

Has anyone solved this issue or any advice on what to try?

Thanks in advance.
Have you had any luck in solving the gimble vibration?Mine is still doing the same thing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60