DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

high frequency gimble vibration

Pantherjoe

Reactions
After dozens of perfect flights recording video I started getting the dreaded jello effect.
When the Mavic is sitting on the work bench and is turned on you can feel the gimble vibrate.I have reset camera settings, EMU re-calibration,gimble re-calibration,replaced props...no change. etc.When it does start to vibrate you can hear a high frequency signal coming from the MavicOnly.One time did I get a gimble overload warning on the controller during flight.
Never crashed or had hard landings, the gimble plate is under all the usual tabs and rubber bands.
Really frustrating!
Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

If the noise you hear is a high pitched squeal coming from the gimbal, it could be your motor assembly malfunctioning.

The gimbal overload message could be due to a worn gimbal ribbon cable, which can occasionally make the gimbal produce the same noise I mentioned above.

The gimbal ribbon cable and gimbal motor assembly are moving parts, subject to vibrations, force from the wind, and constant motor movement trying to keep the gimbal centered on where it's aiming. I have found these 2 parts to be the most disposable part of the Mavic due to wear and tear. The gimbal rubber bands do wear out as well, but usually not until a crash. Props are the only parts that break more than the ribbon cable and gimbal motor assembly.

After dozens of perfect flights recording video I started getting the dreaded jello effect.
When the Mavic is sitting on the work bench and is turned on you can feel the gimble vibrate.I have reset camera settings, EMU re-calibration,gimble re-calibration,replaced props...no change. etc.When it does start to vibrate you can hear a high frequency signal coming from the MavicOnly.One time did I get a gimble overload warning on the controller during flight.
Never crashed or had hard landings, the gimble plate is under all the usual tabs and rubber bands.
Really frustrating!
Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

I just noticed the same thing and I get all the warnings on my last flight. Jello video as well. Also during the flight, the video froze and never came back. I was flying blind. At first I was really effing nervous as I was not sure exactly where my drone was. Then I pulled up the map and headed for the H on map. A minute later my drone flew over my head. Talk about an instrument landing. I have no idea what is wrong with the gimble. DO I send this back to DJI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50