DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High frequency jitter and shake in 4k video

alanw1980

Reactions
Hi

I've been doing some testing with my drone to try and get rid of some soft artefacts in the 4k video. What I'm seeing though now looks like a malfunction. I shot this video today and you can see the issue in play. The gimbal seems to do a horizontal shimmer/jitter periodically.

The footage is here (Please excuse the terrible flying):

I've not seen it exhibit this behaviour before (although I haven't really shot much in 4k before) and it's not been in a hard landing or crashed at all.

I'm not sure what the first steps of trouble shooting this should be. But I guess I need to get in touch with DJI support to make sure it's noted for warranty issues.

Thanks for any help or guidance
Alan

Reactions: GavieboyDji
It is probably shaking because it is afraid of all those trees :)!

I did not notice the artifact you mentioned. The video is pretty low resolution so it is hard to say what the original is like. The trouble most people have with 4K is their computer video card cannot support it.

Reactions: alanw1980
Your gimbal yaw axis starts vibrating occasionally.
Not much we have control of around there.

There is definitely an issue. Others might not have seen it due to being on mobile or watching on a lower resolution, but I saw the vibration you were talking about. It did it intermittently, bad enough to completely blur the picture. Have you tried to calibrate the gimbal? If not, its very easy. Go to gimbal settings, and it should be right there.

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty obvious on the higher res videos. I'm right now doing a full firmware refresh, IMU and gimbal calibration.

Then we will see how it ends up. It's an odd one.

Yeah it's pretty obvious on the higher res videos. I'm right now doing a full firmware refresh, IMU and gimbal calibration.

Then we will see how it ends up. It's an odd one.
Hope it works for you, keep us updated.

Looks ok in my latest test footage so hopefully the IMU and gimbal adjustment made it go away... fingers crossed!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair