DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

high remote interference?

boots

Reactions
Hey guys
So took out the mp for a quick flight last night and at 119 m high and about 200m away thr controller keept telling me i had high cotroler interference and thr video was choppy. I am running an galaxy s5 with only the go4 app. I have never had any problems before however this is the farthest i have gone away from home point. All signal strengths where full bars. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

You could have been on a dirty WiFi channel. Are your wifi setting set to auto or manual?

Thats a good question. How do i go about finding out. And what should it be set at?

After getting home and doing some research. It seems that you are only running wi-fi if using thr phone by it's self. I was using the controler at the time so im thinking it was not a wi-fi connection issue.

Reactions: MrsTreat
I've had this same problem happen to me twice now. I will be flying and get the error message. My video will stop recording and my drone starts to wobble with the gimble moving erratically. Anyone else know what this might be? I am running on the latest firmware.

Are you guys using the oem cable it came with to connect to the phones ? If so switch that out for another one, I had the same problem with disconnections interference. I switch it purchasing this one on amazon and so far so good. I use this one for my iPhone

Anbee Nylon Braided Mavic Lightning to Micro-USB Cable, Android Micro-USB Cable for D... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZS7J8G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apip_dsclLyuGIdM6P

And this one for my iPad

Anker PowerLine+ Lightning Cable (1ft) Durable and Fast Charging Cable [Double Braide... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0177LAN4M/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apip_M6pi6GjqBYPZH

and so far so good. The only other issue I had was the gimbal going crazy while I was about 10k feet away. Made it look like the mavic was falling out of the sky.

The Mavic Pro use Occusync so I'm surprised you're getting interference messages at such short distances. I live in a very heavy wifi interference area and typically fly my MP out to 100+ meters high and 300 meters away (about as far as I can see it) with no break up in the video feed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada