DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Hiking up Mt. Napf in Switzerland

You could lop off the first 45 seconds or so. I almost left, thinking there was no meat in the video. Some indication of where the shots are located would be useful too.
I do like your mix of shots/scenes though - no minute long flights. And the fast cows were cute!

Reactions: Maik Kellerhals
What a great video. I wish I knew how you did the 3d effect of the first two titles. The music was perfect and the scenes were soothing, and long enough that my eyes could settle before your extensive use of cross dissolve transitions moved to the next scene. Too many people ruin their videos by using multiple different "jarring" transitions or no transitions at all. The music change to match the bee was brilliant and at 2 1/2 minutes it was the perfect video length to maintain my attention. Bravo.

You could lop off the first 45 seconds or so. I almost left, thinking there was no meat in the video. Some indication of where the shots are located would be useful too.
I do like your mix of shots/scenes though - no minute long flights. And the fast cows were cute!
Thank you!
I agree it's a little long in the beginning but i like it like that. But I've taken a mental note for next time ;)
The location is in the description (Google Maps Link)

Always enjoy your videos & this episode was no exception. Loved the masking effects in the beginning scenes. I appreciate how long it takes to execute. I’ve done it once myself in FCPX, but found it wasn’t too easy! Great soundtrack & beautifully shot & flown. 👍🏻

What a great video. I wish I knew how you did the 3d effect of the first two titles. The music was perfect and the scenes were soothing, and long enough that my eyes could settle before your extensive use of cross dissolve transitions moved to the next scene. Too many people ruin their videos by using multiple different "jarring" transitions or no transitions at all. The music change to match the bee was brilliant and at 2 1/2 minutes it was the perfect video length to maintain my attention. Bravo.
Thank you, yes the titles at the beginning took by far the most time on this video, but i think it's worth it. I often work with 3d software and with the tools in Resolve it's not that hard to do.
I usually have only direct cuts in the beginning and then watch it through and if a transition seems to aprupt, i change it to a cross fade. anything else i would only use if i really want to achieve a very special effect, otherwise it's just distracting.

Thank you, yes the titles at the beginning took by far the most time on this video, but i think it's worth it. I often work with 3d software and with the tools in Resolve it's not that hard to do.
I usually have only direct cuts in the beginning and then watch it through and if a transition seems to aprupt, i change it to a cross fade. anything else i would only use if i really want to achieve a very special effect, otherwise it's just distracting.
Yes, editing is an interesting art. At least you and the OP actually edit - you don't have one continuous shot! Regarding transitions, it's interesting to watch professional productions like TV, and see how long their individual cuts are, and what kind of transitions they use - mostly jump cuts.
The worst, IMHO, are those that use fancy, complicated transitions just because their editing software makes it easy. Some are really distracting.

Always enjoy your videos & this episode was no exception. Loved the masking effects in the beginning scenes. I appreciate how long it takes to execute. I’ve done it once myself in FCPX, but found it wasn’t too easy! Great soundtrack & beautifully shot & flown. 👍🏻
Thank you, yes these took by far the most time in editing. Luckily Resolve provides great tools for these effects.

Disagree with the above.

Be hard to produce a bad video in this area I reckon.
I like the opening walking along the ridge and was caught out by the PF when it appeared behind the trees.
The long concrete path ca. 50 sec in has me beat unless owner is into model planes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU