DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hire for sailing footage near Redwood Shores, CA

hobiesailor

Reactions
I"m looking for someone to film me on my sail boat out in the SF Bay- off the coast near Redwood Shores. What range or distance from shore is doable (or wherever you're able to fly from)? What's your rate? Video is just for my own personal use.

I'm looking to do this in the next couple weeks.

I'm not sure if there are any rules covering flying drones in that area.

Let me know if there is a better place to ask!

Thanks!

I"m looking for someone to film me on my sail boat out in the SF Bay- off the coast near Redwood Shores. What range or distance from shore is doable (or wherever you're able to fly from)? What's your rate? Video is just for my own personal use.

I'm looking to do this in the next couple weeks.

I'm not sure if there are any rules covering flying drones in that area.

Let me know if there is a better place to ask!

Thanks!
First: I'm not in a position to offer you direct help with this, but a quick perusal of section charts seems to indicate there is no possibility of a shore launch anywhere along the west side of the bay from SF city limits all the way down to and including Redwood Shores (combination of SFO and San Carlos airspace with 0' minimums). This area is directly underneath SFO final approach.

It looks like someone COULD legally launch from the business park just south of Redwood Shores (Pacific Shores?), but they would be operating two miles away from your boat in the bay and with a fair piece of marshland between them and the actual shore... so I'm guessing problematic. Also; there may be non-FAA restrictions there... don't know.

Maybe you can find somebody gutsier than me... or with more complete information.

The eastern shore is all either prohibited East Bay Regional Park land or nature preserves all the way up to the San Mateo Bridge; past there LAANC approvals appear possible.

Last edited:
You may have to take the pilot with you so they can launch from the sailboat and get the footage. Hope they don't get seasick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22