DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HIRTA Areas around military bases

Hiwayman

Reactions
Has anyone flown within the 10 km radius warning zone for HIRTA?
I have been asked to look at a site about 5km from a base. Thinking of a trial flight on a tether to see if there is any interference...

HITRA = High intensity radio transmission area. Based on a quick search you have a valid concern. I have copied bullet points from a slide deck found at:
High Intensity Radio Transmission Area - ppt video online download

Fly with extreme caution.

3 HIRTA sites create electromagnetic interference (EMI)
The microwave area of the spectrum can affect aircraft navigation and controls modern aircraft (fly by wire, advanced navigation/communication equipment) are susceptible to EMI.

4 EXAMPLES OF EMI ANOMALIES
Un-commanded control movements (AFCS inputs)Unexplained illumination of caution/advisory lights with or without degradation or loss of corresponding system or component All incidents that cannot be confirmed as material or mechanical failure/malfunctions should be reported as EMI anomalies.

Reactions: Hiwayman
HITRA = High intensity radio transmission area. Based on a quick search you have a valid concern. I have copied bullet points from a slide deck found at:
High Intensity Radio Transmission Area - ppt video online download

Fly with extreme caution.

3 HIRTA sites create electromagnetic interference (EMI)
The microwave area of the spectrum can affect aircraft navigation and controls modern aircraft (fly by wire, advanced navigation/communication equipment) are susceptible to EMI.

4 EXAMPLES OF EMI ANOMALIES
Un-commanded control movements (AFCS inputs)Unexplained illumination of caution/advisory lights with or without degradation or loss of corresponding system or component All incidents that cannot be confirmed as material or mechanical failure/malfunctions should be reported as EMI anomalies.
Thank you...I wasn't aware of the links you provided.
I do still wonder if anyone has experience of flying in these locations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N