DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Historic Ferry sinks in Astoria Harbor - Tourist II Wreck filmed with the DJI Mavic 3

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

On July 28th the historic ferry Tourist II partially sank in Astoria, Oregon. This ferry used to provide transportation between Astoria, OR, and Megler, Washington prior to the construction of the Astoria Bridge. Sadly, this historic vessel now rests in the briny harbor where it once proudly sailed, it's future uncertain. It's unknown what caused the ferry to sink, and cleanup operations are in progress.

DJI_0788-Pano.jpg

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Seems like all ships come to a bad end. To me the saddest was the art deco ferry, Kalakala, that had plied the route from Bremerton to Seattle. 1660579502758.jpeg

Reactions: Aerophile

On July 28th the historic ferry Tourist II partially sank in Astoria, Oregon. This ferry used to provide transportation between Astoria, OR, and Megler, Washington prior to the construction of the Astoria Bridge. Sadly, this historic vessel now rests in the briny harbor where it once proudly sailed, it's future uncertain. It's unknown what caused the ferry to sink, and cleanup operations are in progress.

DJI_0788-Pano.jpg
What a shame. Was the ferry moored there? My aunt volunteered at the museum in Astoria for many years.

I remember riding larger ferries across the river before the bridge was built. It was always a lot of fun for a kid who drove up with his family from Grants Pass.

Great video, by the way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO