DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hiya from the Scottish Highlands

ajbeer

Reactions
Here is a lots to learn Newbie!
Slowly getting to grips with a Mavic Air - fantastically complicated but I love it...except for one little thing. For the last 60 years I have found that if you push the stick forwards the nose moves in a downward direction, and vice versa if you pull. I'm too old to change the habits of a lifetime so a change of Mode in RC settings fixed it. CSC to start the motors is different (left stick top left corner, right stick bottom right). OK I know that in a fixed wing aircraft the result of stick movements is not quite the same. Have I done a daft thing?
I have learned a lot from the daily forum posts - keep them coming!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

@ajbeer welcome to the forum,after all the years of pull back to climb ,push forwards to descend ,it would be very hard to change that way of thinking ,the fact that it has meant a change of stick movement to CSC is not really an issue just use the take off icon on the screen instead

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

@ajbeer welcome to the forum,after all the years of pull back to climb ,push forwards to descend ,it would be very hard to change that way of thinking ,the fact that it has meant a change of stick movement to CSC is not really an issue just use the take off icon on the screen instead
Many thanks! I now start the engines then stick back and off we go!

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forums. Under settings, there are different profiles that allow you to choose different settings with the controller. Look there and see if there is a profile that makes sense to you.

Slowly getting to grips with a Mavic Air - fantastically complicated but I love it...except for one little thing. For the last 60 years I have found that if you push the stick forwards the nose moves in a downward direction, and vice versa if you pull. I'm too old to change the habits of a lifetime so a change of Mode in RC settings fixed it. CSC to start the motors is different (left stick top left corner, right stick bottom right). OK I know that in a fixed wing aircraft the result of stick movements is not quite the same. Have I done a daft thing?
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. Been to the Highlands, have had the privilege to meet some super nice people. Your never to old to learn. Here is a tip for you, face the direction your camera is facing. If, you want it to fly left. Turn your whole body left, same thing if your drone goes right turn your whole body right in the same direction the camera is facing. This will help you to gain confidence, while your gaining experience. Another tip, don't push any buttons if you don 't know what they do. Especially with RTH, if setting not correct, you could end up crashing your Bird. Hope I did not give unwanted advise. Fly Safe and Have fun.

Welcome!

I've visited Ullapool a couple of years ago. Great place to fly and shoot pictures.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143