DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hmm

wytnyt

Reactions
been reading up on the mavic
it says
if you take your hands off the control sticks then the drone will automatically break and then hover in position
ok,so why is the pause button needed?

it says
if you take your hands off the control sticks then the drone will automatically break and then hover in position
When it first came out the pause button would stop auto landing and RTH and stuff.

The pause button can be used to cancel automated flight modes. An alternative is to toggle the sport mode switch.

Reactions: WAXMAN
it says

Because it's THE most important button on the RC. Many crashes were caused by pidiots not knowing about a Wunderbutton right under their left thumb! :D

Because it's THE most important button on the RC. Many crashes were caused by pidiots not knowing about a Wunderbutton right under their left thumb! :D
but if they release the controls it does the same thing under those circumstances

but if they release the controls it does the same thing under those circumstances
No it doesn't. In a RTH you don't even have the aircraft under control. Same with other modes. They are autonomous.

No it doesn't. In a RTH you don't even have the aircraft under control. Same with other modes. They are autonomous.
i wasnt referring to RTH but
if you take your hands off the control sticks then the drone will automatically break and then hover in position in normal flying

Reactions: FuzLogix
if you take your hands off the control sticks then the drone will automatically break and then hover in position in normal flying
I don't want any button that breaks my Mavic.

So what we have established is, if you're in control of the Mavic with your thumbs on the sticks, the pause button isn't needed. But it could be useful if the Mavic is in RTH mode or it's flying a waypoint mission.

That pretty much answers your question, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Yes, the pause button isn't used for normal flying.

Right ~ pause really applies to the intelligent flight modes.

I was referring to autonomous modes like RTH, Follow Me, etc.
yes i know as was everyone else that replied,however i first said
if you take your hands OFF the control sticks as in manually flying,like no cruise control,no autonomous just simply putting around
if this stops movement then why use the pause button?,as many threads has stated to do if control is comprimised

if you take your hands OFF the control sticks as in manually flying,like no cruise control,no autonomous just simply putting around
if this stops movement then why use the pause button?,as many threads has stated to do if control is comprimised
You just said two different things... In normal flight centering your sticks behaves the same as hitting pause. However, if your flight is compromised ~yeah, hit pause... throw it into sports mode... try home lock... Do whatever it takes to regain control.

Yes, pause button is not needed to stop manual flight. This doesn't mean there's no need for pause button.

Also PLEASE remember that you MUST press the pause button for a few seconds for it to work ..... just pressing it quickly once does not work .... :)

I just figured it was an emergency stop button. Wrong?

A few times I've had my Mavic decide to head out on its own (either up or down) where I had to stay on the sticks to get it home. Because I didn't know what would happen if I used the pause button, I just did my best to fly it back overhead. Once back above me I found the RTH would not function so I manually landed. Had me sweating a bit.

I'd kinda like to know that it will stop it in any flight mode if I lose control of it but if the RTH failed, my guess is at times this pause button might not work either???

In my case the Pause button is there for sheer excitement. Here's why. Fly flat out in Sport Mode at 40 or so mph and then right as the Mavic Pro crosses your path mash the PAUSE button. The Mavic Pro will literally stand on end (vertically) and stop. Its like it hits and invisible wall.

Real crowd pleaser!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada