DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOLY COW! CHECK YOUR GMAIL DJI's waiting till March

after 2-1/2 month wait for a fully paid for Mavic, On 12/17/16 I got a tip that Best Buy had them ready to ship.... and thankfully I went that route.... I then canceled my order with Carolina Dronz.

If I was a vendor.... I would be really pi$$ed..... and if I had my pre-order still pending as customer.... I would be REALLY PI$$ED !!!!

Reactions: Ceejay
Whether true or not, anyone still waiting over 3 months for a Mavic from a vendor is crazy. DJI is shipping Mavics 5-10 days out. I know some people bought on Amazon via vendors because they had gift cards/rewards point and they have to wait. Besides all that Best Buy has been stocking them periodically.

Can we see this "notice" as someone already posted a link to something similar?

Seems legit, not.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I received this on a Gmail account "Dji will service their customers first." that's directly from DJI {sSDV] my fuzzy memory of the source. Maybe someone will recognize the acronym. [something drones]
The article, which I apparently accidently deleted [duhh], went on to say, "because Chinese New Year is at the end of January, dealers will probably not be receiving stock until March." That last part was a supposition on the part of the writer feeling that it would take time for DJI to "retool" as they dropped some of their other lines in an effort to get better production of priorities, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 pro, Inspire etc. and their Professional Lines.
He expected Dji to drop Phantom 4 Standard and some other lines and introduce a Mavic Standard.
This last part is based on his conjecture.
Before I leave, I feel obligated to express my sincere esteem for the Professionalism, Courtesy, and Honesty to "CAROLINA DRONZ".
Frank and his top notch crew refunded my deposit swiftly and graciously. They have been most helpful to me in the past and I will continue to
be a loyal customer in the future.
That said, I now not so patiently await delivery of my very own MP sent directly from DJI.
Had to go back to where I ordered my Phantom Vision 2 several years ago
Thanks for your continued help and support to all the members of this most valuable forum

hehehe... I waited a whole 8 days for mine... decided to order direct from DJI because I wanted to avoid the tax that I had to pay with Best Buy - it did arrive 3 days later then people who managed to get on the last Best Buy restock - but I like having an extra battery instead of paying for the sales tax.

I started off with Drone World Sept 29th via amazon - cancelled - then I went to NFM Dec 22nd because they said it would be here Jan 13th - they too were misinformed - Ordered from Best Buy Jan 12th - had it in 3 days..

I have been waiting patently since ordering my Mavic Pro Combo from my dealer (Buzzflyer) since Dec 8th,
NOT GONNA BE HAPPY if I have to wait another 2 months !!!.
Come on DJI get your backorders to your dealers done and delivered.
(All the communication via phone to them (Buzzflyer) has been handled in a courteous, professional, HONEST ! way)
Come on DJI , WE have waited long enough !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Bestbuy has proven to be the best place to order from. They've had stock about once a week for over a month and they ship instantly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929