DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home made DIY drone pad - okay it's not portable.

Stuck waiting on the drone, you find ways to spend your time....

Kind of defeats the purpose of a portable travel drone that fits inside a waterbottle holder, if you also have to lug around that huge unfoldable pretty landing pad to fly. I have a small folding table I carry in the backseat of the car (no room in the trunk----already filled with my golf cart and golf bag), secured by a bungi cord around the rear seat headrests, so I don't get killed by it turning into a missile in a car accident. However, I have yet to use it. I hand launch and hand catch everywhere, or find a nice wooden post nearby.

Kind of defeats the purpose of a portable travel drone that fits inside a waterbottle holder, if you also have to lug around that huge unfoldable pretty landing pad to fly. I have a small folding table I carry in the backseat of the car (no room in the trunk----already filled with my golf cart and golf bag), secured by a bungi cord around the rear seat headrests, so I don't get killed by it turning into a missile in a car accident. However, I have yet to use it. I hand launch and hand catch everywhere, or find a nice wooden post nearby.
As I said in the title, it's not portable. I've made this to do some testing of Mavics return home capabilities. The fact that the logo is not the same if it is turned upside down (like you get with an H is going to be important.)

All will be revealed, but it needs receipt of a Mavic first.

As I said in the title, it's not portable. I've made this to do some testing of Mavics return home capabilities. The fact that the logo is not the same if it is turned upside down (like you get with an H is going to be important.)

All will be revealed, but it needs receipt of a Mavic first.
Rumor has it that all Mavics will ship with a checkerboad for exactly that purpose. Checkerboards were on backorder, so all Mavic shipments have been held up! :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr