DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home point updates.

StevenP

Reactions
Hi all,
Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to take off from where the homepoint has been updated and then fly and land somewhere else, take off again and return to home to its original first homepoint on the mavic pro?
I tried it this afternoon but it kept going back to the second landing point.

No,when you land it shuts of the motors and when you start back
up it sets the HP to that spot.

I don't think the Mavic series can. Perhaps if landing protection is turned off.

But you can reset your HP back to your RC location if your phone's GPS is suitable. And with some models, you can move the HP in map view.

Reactions: GlenM and StevenP
Thank you, is there a way to land without shutting off the motors, sorry very new at this.

The best way around this is to Remap your home point using the Drag point method on the map.

Zeus - posted this nice video for us showing how that works.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Reactions: Gary R
Reactions: Thomas B
Hi all,
Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to take off from where the homepoint has been updated and then fly and land somewhere else, take off again and return to home to its original first homepoint on the mavic pro?
I tried it this afternoon but it kept going back to the second landing point.
Additionally and not exactly what your asking, but could be relevant is setting your home point to mark your controller location vice aircraft location for RTH, that way it will remain where you are (Controller/device) Note, this is only available if your device is GPS equipped ;)

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Right it is not what he asked, everyone let’s stick to the question
the OP asked. If he wants to ask another fine but other than that ?
If he lands the motors shut off. As long as he has LOS he can restart but the HP is at that location. ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103