DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hoodman solution? (solved)

G Randy Brown

Reactions
So I've been using a Hoodman for a 10" monitor and it's so top heavy I need to find a way to make it work or just not use it.
I prefer to sit in a camping chair so I'm wondering if this music stand tilted at an angle to where it's balanced with a 6' cable would work well...sounds like it would to me but want to see if I'm missing any gotchas :)
Thanks,
Randy

If your concerned about the cord I wouldn’t. I set my pad on my steering wheel in my truck and use 6’ cord. Works fine but now that’s with my Pro and Mini.
72A2DC5A-5DD5-4680-AB17-2E8FFD13993E.jpeg

Reactions: G Randy Brown
I saw this picture the other day and almost bought one of those steering wheel thingys (never knew they existed before) but want to be outside of my vehicle...good to know a 6' cord is no issue, thx bud :)

Reactions: dirkclod
I saw this picture the other day and almost bought one of those steering wheel thingys (never knew they existed before) but want to be outside of my vehicle...good to know a 6' cord is no issue, thx bud :)
Had to modify that board as my steering wheel is fat but just used a Drexel tool . 4’ most likely be better as it’s just shorter but keep
the 6’ in the truck all the time for phone or whatever.

Reactions: G Randy Brown
So I've been using a Hoodman for a 10" monitor and it's so top heavy I need to find a way to make it work or just not use it.
I prefer to sit in a camping chair so I'm wondering if this music stand tilted at an angle to where it's balanced with a 6' cable would work well...sounds like it would to me but want to see if I'm missing any gotchas :)
Thanks,
Randy
I assume you want the music stand just for the 10" monitor. iPad or tablet, no? The one you've linked looks sturdy enough. Are you going to use it with the desk flat (perpendicular to the ground) or upright somehow? The key to it is the tension adjustment on the desk, neither too loose that it could flop or too tight that you can't adjust it easily. I couldn't tell by the photos. I don't know how close you are to ABQ but there is a Guitar Center there where I'd be reasonably sure they might have one in stock so you can get your hands on one and test it before buying.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Had to modify that board as my steering wheel is fat but just used a Drexel tool . 4’ most likely be better as it’s just shorter but keep
the 6’ in the truck all the time for phone or whatever.
What’s the steering wheel thingy I actually called?

What’s the steering wheel thingy I actually called?
Sorry was getting grand ready for school. Cant seem to get the link to stick but here are the 2 I use.1D0A012D-F241-4DAF-A716-9182F2963155.png6B1FF237-A592-48A0-92A9-1A53121652F6.png

I assume you want the music stand just for the 10" monitor. iPad or tablet, no? The one you've linked looks sturdy enough. Are you going to use it with the desk flat (perpendicular to the ground) or upright somehow? The key to it is the tension adjustment on the desk, neither too loose that it could flop or too tight that you can't adjust it easily. I couldn't tell by the photos. I don't know how close you are to ABQ but there is a Guitar Center there where I'd be reasonably sure they might have one in stock so you can get your hands on one and test it before buying.
Sorry guys, I posted that before realizing I had a music stand in my garage (my wife and I are musicians) and should have marked it resolved (it is now).
The music stand works fine so I guess I just need the 6' cable :)
Thanks very much, I'll report back if I discover any issues when trying to use it in the desert.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll