DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon Tilt

Top Hat

Reactions
Anybody has any instance/s when the MP is being (not sure of proper term...yaw/pan) from left to right vise versa in the air and the horizon is kinda tilted a bit if you stop @ some point and it wont level? Ever seen or notice this w/ your MP?
Just wondering..........

It's been like it in all FW versions I used but I am holding out on .400 at the mo, its annoying to say the least, mainly happens in strong winds

It's a common tendency when yawing as the gimbal IMU has a hard time to keep up.

It relates to the very delicate relationship between the Proportional-Integral-Derivative or PID tuning of the gimbal control unit or GCU coupled with the weighting factor value given to the gyros over and above the accelerometers.
In essence, you can fine tune a gimbal to stay level for slow gentle yaw movements or fast rapid movements. Doing both is asking too much from the hardware installed. Flying sideways at speed is a good way to induce horizon shift.
I've spent far too many hours tuning my DSLR gimbal attached to my large Hexa. But you reach a point where you settle for what suits the movement you're planing to fly.

Reactions: Ed_2020 and HSK
If you are not recording you can try to change the camera to vertical and back to horizontal.

In essence, you can fine tune a gimbal to stay level for slow gentle yaw movements or fast rapid movements. Doing both is asking too much from the hardware installed. Flying sideways at speed is a good way to induce horizon shift.

I think that doing both is reasonable. It's not like this is a third party gimbal that is separate from the rest of the craft. In that case I think it would be very difficult. In the case of the Mavic they need to be better with combining the sensor data of the gimbal imu and the drone imu. More than just tweaking PID values.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka