DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horrible quality at 1080p 60fps

Jobin

Reactions
Hello all, just got my Mavic Pro a few weeks ago, and went out to do my first real test job and the video quality has turned out to be absolutely horrid. I was shooting at 1080p 60fps with contrast and sharpness at -2.

No post production correction seems to fix the grainy pixelated footage.

I’ve seen other posts about this issue but they seem to stop after August. Did this issue ever get fixed?

Are ther there any solutions? Maybe just don’t shoot in this quality at this frame rate?

The usual complaint about 1080p 60fps is moire, which I experience, not grainy or pixelated. DJI have not fixed the Moire problem, as far as I know.
I no longer use 1080p 60 fps for this reason.

The usual complaint about 1080p 60fps is moire, which I experience, not grainy or pixelated. DJI have not fixed the Moire problem, as far as I know.
I no longer use 1080p 60 fps for this reason.
Thanks for the reply. I’m not getting Moore at this point, just very dull, somewhat blurry poor quality video that doesn’t seem to be fixed by any post production tinkering.

Take a look at this. The issue appears to have been fixed in the latest firmware. What FW version are you on ?

I don't know if this is still true with the newest firmware, but there are endless discussions *out there* showing that the sharpness setting should be set to +1, with the contrast and exposure set to -1, or -2. For sharpness, anything below +1, i.e., 0 or lower, causes the firmware's noise filter software to kick in, which absolutely kills the quality of the image.

Here are several discussions about this:

Search Results for Query: Watercolor | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

I don't know if this is still true with the newest firmware, but there are endless discussions *out there* showing that the sharpness setting should be set to +1, with the contrast and exposure set to -1, or -2. For sharpness, anything below +1, i.e., 0 or lower, causes the firmware's noise filter software to kick in, which absolutely kills the quality of the image.

Here are several discussions about this:

Search Results for Query: Watercolor | DJI Mavic Drone Forum
I thought that had more to do with shooting in 4K, not 1080p/60fps, which suffers (or suffered) from aliasing artifacts.

I thought that had more to do with shooting in 4K, not 1080p/60fps, which suffers (or suffered) from aliasing artifacts.
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems reasonable to assume that the firmware noise filter profile is going to kick in if sharpness is below +1, in any resolution. But, I'm not shooting in 1080p - so I'm just guessing here...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest