DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hot Pixels (not fixed pixels on sensor) in HLG?

LysdexiaEht

Reactions
Has anyone else experienced hot pixels in their HLG footage? These aren't hot pixels on the sensor that persist in the same spot, the hot pixels move around with the contrast edges.

I don't use Raw so I can't confirm there or not, but it's certainly there in HLG on mine.

I've attached some screenshots from video, if you look along shadow edges inside the circled areas you will see what I'm talking about. I've opened a repair case with support any way, just in case it's a known issue.

Attachments

• hot pixels.png
    hot pixels.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 12.13.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 12.13.12 pm.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
They're not hot pixels. They seem to be (as you say) hugging outlines of contrast (like at the edge of a shadow).

I see more than you didn't circle, like a wet spot in the dirt, and some more of those dots in the other shot along the fence line.

They're probably hard to see with the video in motion. How did you find them? Freezing frames?

They appear to be tracking markers, control points for the AI in the video engine to track objects for some of the intelligent flight modes. Were you doing of of this IFMs when these happened?

I noticed them while watching video on my television, so they stand out enough to be distracting and undesirable. At the very least the system isn't erasing them from the recorded image if they're an added overlay as tracking markers would be.

Yeah, this is definitely a true, bona fide case for DJI. I personally don't recall seeing reports of this here, but even if it had been, I'm not sure there would be a user-centric resolution.

It looks like a serious DJI bug, probably easy to fix on their part; likely a layer, as you say, that got left on for the visible recorded image.

Good luck!

PS: as an aside: this is another good example for the "if it ain't broke" people that don't update firmware. This is the kind of fix they're getting that they didn't know they need, until they see it in their output themselves.

That’s very odd. What program are you using to view the files? Also would you be able to upload a clip straight from the drone?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo