DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How about those drone pilot performance at the super bowl lady Gaga half time show!

RollingRob

Reactions
I kept asking how the effects were being done in the background when she was on the roof and then again again in the sky at the end. Many were saying , oh its just digital effect but I knew better!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: PeterG
Magic and drones, look no further than Marco Temptest. He is a digital magician that uses drones from time to time. neat stuff. What's next?!

They are now claiming that it was not done live.
The filming was done a week earlier. I wonder if anybody on the forum was there to confirm this? If true it must have been weird looking up and seeing nothing while the Jumbo screen showed lights in the sky.

Those drones in the Super Bowl halftime show weren't flying live

Reactions: mminardi
Interesting, if that was the case then why not just use a visual effect? You couldn't tell that they were drones unless you watched it live. Love to hear from someone if they were at the game.

Hi everyone - Yes this is an Intel automated drone project that I have been following for a while. They had done a 100 drone pre-programmed event, and recently they upgrade the feat to 500. When I saw that in the half time show I knew right away it was intel at work again.
Here is the link when they were able to pre-programming 500 drones (btw- this will do away with fireworks in the near future)
Also - The drones had to be at least 200 meters behind Lady Gaga if it had occurred in real time - so the stadium guest "would not" be able to see that in the backdrop - so doing it earlier made sense.

Here is the video -Hope you enjoy it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580