DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How bad is signal drop on MA? better off getting MP?

I haven't had any issues with my Mavic Air yet. I usually only fly it within VLOS and in areas that aren't heavily populated.

Some of the complaints around the Air are due to a big that will be fixed (shortly according to FJI) on IOS with the go app not allowing all channels or power.

Outside of that, if you are in a city, particularly in a CE area, it seems you could have some issues.

I'm in the US and on FCC mode, where I fly, range is definitely good enough for what I'm doing, haven't had any issues.

There's been a large number of range tests you can find on youtube done out in the open where the limiting factor on distance was battery life and not range of the transmission.

It’s also a line of sight thing. Legal requirements in Canada demand it

what your suggestion on MA signal drop?
How far do you plan on flying and in what kind of area(city, rural, etc.) That's what most people would need to know to give you an accurate answer. I've had low signal warnings less than a half mile out on the MP. Just depends where you fly.

The nice thing with the MP is that you can fly it to the edge of VLOS and beyond no matter what the conditions. MA, with high WiFi density, something will only go a few hundred feet before it drops out. But, even more important than that is the fact that you get a significant increase in flight time because of the battery.

The furthest I have had mine was about 900 meters. Never have seen any issue with control or video feed. I run at 5.8GHz.

The nice thing with the MP is that you can fly it to the edge of VLOS and beyond no matter what the conditions. MA, with high WiFi density, something will only go a few hundred feet before it drops out. But, even more important than that is the fact that you get a significant increase in flight time because of the battery.

Do you fly an Air?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus