DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How best to store Mavic Mini prop guards?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My Mini Fly More bundle of joy arrived today, and it looks great. It'a big step up from the Tello I had been enjoying. Question: Has anyone settled on an effective way to store the propeller guards? They look super-protective, but take up a huge amount of (mostly empty) space. They do not, for the record, fit into the very nice DJI Assistant case included with the Fly More bundle.

Most seasoned veterans here will sply store them in the box they came in and never use them :)
Prop guards for my Air still unused almost 2years in.

I’m looking for storage, as well. I’ll never be a seasoned veteran and my flying will be done in an area with lots of trees. I’m also a klutz. I’d really like to find a padded case for them.

Reactions: old man mavic
I’m looking for storage, as well. I’ll never be a seasoned veteran and my flying will be done in an area with lots of trees. I’m also a klutz. I’d really like to find a padded case for them.

I would be extremely wary of using the prop guards outside. They will act like a sail in the wind, looks like they've caused flyaways already from reading some threads on Facebook.

i can understand your desire to have the prop guards fitted, they will not stop you crashing ,but with them on they will greatly minimise damage to both the drone and what the drone hits ,they do restrict the performance of the drone and there for its ability to handle windy conditions,i think dji included them in the combo because they see the MM being used by a lot of new drone flyers, and the prop guards improve safety from getting hurt by the spinning props.i would use them if i was flying in a woodland setting between trees while walking behind the drone in case the drone made contact with something, but really they are mainly for flying in confined places inside

its big.... but works

Thanks. I ordered one. That’s perfect. No need to take the prop guards off for transport. Having to fiddle with the connectors makes me nervous.

i can understand your desire to have the prop guards fitted, they will not stop you crashing ,but with them on they will greatly minimise damage to both the drone and what the drone hits ,they do restrict the performance of the drone and there for its ability to handle windy conditions,i think dji included them in the combo because they see the MM being used by a lot of new drone flyers, and the prop guards improve safety from getting hurt by the spinning props.i would use them if i was flying in a woodland setting between trees while walking behind the drone in case the drone made contact with something, but really they are mainly for flying in confined places inside

I understand what they are made for, but until I’m more comfortable with my ability to fly the thing, prop guards it is. Our property is thinned planted pines and we are surrounded by national forest with 100 year old loblolly pines and big oak trees. I will probably not attempt to fly when it’s windy.

We have problems with trespassing hunting dogs. I’m hoping to be able to get the drone up and be able to see where the dogs might be should they come on our property. Don’t know how well that’s going to work because I had limited time and area to fly last Sunday, but if the weather permits, I’m going to launch from different (more open) places on the property and see what areas I can see from those places.

I would be extremely wary of using the prop guards outside. They will act like a sail in the wind, looks like they've caused flyaways already from reading some threads on Facebook.

Thanks for the warning. I probably will avoid flying when it’s windy, at least until I am more comfortable flying. I had a short time last Sunday to try to get three batteries of time in. I mostly sent it up and panned around to see what I could see, not much actual flying.

Agreed. I wouldn't use them outdoors but they'll be pretty nice inside when I'm just goofing around the house.

Thank you for these replies! I'm not looking to use the prop guards all the time, or outdoors, or even to carry them with me. I'm just looking for some ideas on what I could throw them in so they don't get destroyed while waiting around for my next indoor aerial movie.

I'm new to this community, and am warmed by the help you folks have given on this. Thanks!

Thanks for the warning. I probably will avoid flying when it’s windy, at least until I am more comfortable flying. I had a short time last Sunday to try to get three batteries of time in. I mostly sent it up and panned around to see what I could see, not much actual flying.
agree on not seeing all that much while flying..especially if you're trying to avoid trees etc. Let us know how you do on that. It could at least be a deterrent to the hunters if they hear a drone. If its just loose dogs..good luck. My dogs pay no attention to my drone. like everyone has said. The drone has a hard time behaving in the wind with prop guards. Not a pretty sight..

agree on not seeing all that much while flying..especially if you're trying to avoid trees etc. Let us know how you do on that. It could at least be a deterrent to the hunters if they hear a drone. If its just loose dogs..good luck. My dogs pay no attention to my drone. like everyone has said. The drone has a hard time behaving in the wind with prop guards. Not a pretty sight..

Hunters probably won’t be able to hear it. I didn’t pay attention to how high it had to be for me not to be able to hear it but it wasn’t that high. They may be able to see it, it will have four strobes so I can see it. They’ll have trees in their way, though. I’m hoping that the drone may help me spot dog location. My cellular trail cams deliver pics 45 seconds to a minute after they are taken. By then, the dogs are elsewhere. Even some chance of spotting them with the drone is better than two old fat people trying to locate them by running around the property.

well...good luck...you live in a sportsman's paradise..that's what you get..lol ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000