DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how big can this hobby get

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
It all started off innocent enough . Bought the Mavic air 2 fly more combo. Came with a nice leather effect case that could take the 3 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters and spare sd cards . That was fine until I added a pair of strobe lights and another spare battery. Suddenly the nice leather effect case that could take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers , the ND filters and spare sd cards and strobe lights was becoming cramped , and things were getting hard to pull in and out. So I invested in a hard case with foam cut outs to take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters and spare sd cards ,and strobe lights. But then came the tablet I bought at Christmas for flying the drone. And as you know its not just the tablet , the tablet needs the collapsible tablet mount and the sunshade and the extra long usb cable. So now the hard case with foam cut outs to take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters, spare sd cards ,strobe lights , tablet with tablet mount and sunshade and extra long cable is stuffed , and i have to sit on it to close it. Sound familiar ?

It all started off innocent enough . Bought the Mavic air 2 fly more combo. Came with a nice leather effect case that could take the 3 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters and spare sd cards . That was fine until I added a pair of strobe lights and another spare battery. Suddenly the nice leather effect case that could take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers , the ND filters and spare sd cards and strobe lights was becoming cramped , and things were getting hard to pull in and out. So I invested in a hard case with foam cut outs to take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters and spare sd cards ,and strobe lights. But then came the tablet I bought at Christmas for flying the drone. And as you know its not just the tablet , the tablet needs the collapsible tablet mount and the sunshade and the extra long usb cable. So now the hard case with foam cut outs to take the 4 batteries ,the Drone , the controller ,spare propellers, the ND filters, spare sd cards ,strobe lights , tablet with tablet mount and sunshade and extra long cable is stuffed , and i have to sit on it to close it. Sound familiar ?
yep! I got in near $10k pretty quick

I see myself posting an identical message within a year. I just started this hobby with the Mini 2 fly more combo last month. I’ve studied and passed my part 107 (I’m US based) and flown weekly. Purchased a landing pad, which I no longer use since I switched to hand launch/capture, ND/PL filters, prop guards, phone shade for the controller, iPad holder, and fireproof battery case.

Lately, I have caught myself browsing online shops for Mavic Air 2 fly more packages, primarily for the ability for HDR, flat color profile, focus track, and my perception it will be slightly more robust in winds. Although the Mini 2 handles winds far better than I expected it to.

I’ve so far resisted adding to my fleet though. I most likely will wait for the Mavic 3 and will then buy yet another slew of accessories. Want to fully use the Mini for awhile before I purchase a sibling rival.

Skerrabrae, don’t forget to get the SC when you buy the MA2!
? Ha! Yeah, I keep telling myself and posted I intend to wait for the MP3.

However, I do go back and forth. I am now afraid I will be posting in the next couple months “Hey everyone, I just added a MA 2 to my fleet”.

IF that occurs, I may pass on the SC. I really love the Mini controller so I know I’d love the default MA2 controller. The only thing I don’t like is that it can be a bit difficult to see the video feed on my iPhone 12 screen in bright sunlight, even with the shade and the brightness turned up. Not sure of the SC screen would be an improvement in visibility over an iPhone or not. But if they add SC support for the Mini 2 so I can switch a single controller for both drones.... ?

We only fly for work purposes. But one of the biggest unforeseen expenses that people might face is a higher spec laptop or computer than can handle 4K editing.
And that's a really good pointer for which computers or laptops are suitable for 4K editing.
Can you advise the minimum spec on a pc for 4K editing as mine needs
replacing soon.

Reactions: Thanohano44
???

Yes everyone...it is called G.A.S., or Gear Acquisition Syndrome! Very common among camera enthusiasts. Google has over 857,000 results. Look at this link!!!Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.39.41 AM.png

Can you advise the minimum spec on a pc for 4K editing as mine needs
replacing soon.
Look into "Editing with proxy files". A old computer can edit 4K (It will take the last step quite a bit, but that can be done while you sleep) As far as minimum why bother with minimum? :p Better to look at Price and what you can afford...Home PC or Laptop? A good Laptop is going to run you over 1K minimum (A good Gamer is 2K+) and that won't be optimal and you probably won't get a 4K display, which BTW you won't be able to see with that small of a screen anyway ( 4K Resolution Does Matter – Here’s When – Carlton Bale .com ) . check this link: Best Computer for Video Editing [2021 Guide]

Landing pad, skins, solar charger, rain coat, floats, grapple, flame thrower, remote release, brighter lights, quieter props, a wheeled dolly to carry it all, a bigger drone, a bigger suv to carry it all.
WAIT A MINUTE!!! Flame thrower?? Do you have a link for that??:D

Oh yeah..... More to come.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98