DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I check custom clearance for drone for a country?

00Nic

Reactions
Hi! My wife and I are planning to have a long journey across many countries for our honeymoon.
How can i check if I can take with me the MP without having issue at each customs? Any of you have had some experience to help me?

In specific, I'll flight to Hong Kong first (but here I won't use my drone) and then to New Zealand, after that we will go to Cook Islands and eventually we will stay few days in Los Angeles (I will not use the drone here too).

Do you think that one of these countries could seize my drone or apply some fee? How do you find the rules for traveling with drone (not flying)?

Thank you!!

I know for China... anything over 250g has to be registered to fly in country.

But since you are passing through... I haven't heard anything about confiscating any drones. As for the other locations.... I will look on some of the other forums.

Reactions: 00Nic
Thanks, really useful.
Do you usually take off the drone from your luggage when you pass security check?
In most cases, I fly with my drone as carry on due to the LIPO batteries. Going through customs can be tricky as most people do not know what it is. I normally try to explain that it is a flying camera or a flying toy.

I usually fly with my as a carry on luggage. You may want to firstly check with the airline that you are flying with. Generally, you should be allowed to carry on and with two spares from the flymore combo should be safe. Had no issues in my travels so far. No one really. Others except for if it exceeds the Watt hour ratings that the plane restricts it to.

Thanks for the replies! I wrote an email to the tourist office to ask for information about traveling with a drone in Cook Islands country. I'll let you know what they'll say.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000