Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I suspend the "return-to home-lower-charge-limit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanB

Reactions
Hi, experienced pilots!
I have difficulties to suspend the automatic rth due to mavics own algorithm.
Given is the try to go as high as possible in a sure area over the Pacific. Till now I reached 2051m. The warning about low batterie popped up at about 1900m but holding the lift up position of the stick the mavic lifted more but slowed down to 1m/sec, at 2051m I let the bird return. What I do not understand is the early kick-in of the rth (75% battery charge left), ideal weather conditions - little wind, clear sky, no drifting of the mavic by high winds. When arriving at the starting point battery charge left was 40%. That -in my opinion- should give the possibility to reach 3000m.
The starting charge for low battery rth was set by me to 40%, the critical is set to 15%.
And be assured, I do this over the open Pacific, in a region where is no air traffic beside in times of military manouvers...
Sorry for my bad Englisch but I think you can understand what I am writing of...

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Are you stating that you went 2051 meters high (altitude)?

So you have modded the Mavic... altered how it normally flies.

How are you so sure there isn’t air traffic. Planes fly over the ocean too.

This thread has just made my Top 10 list for idiotic questions ;)

Reactions: Flycaster
This thread has just made my Top 10 list for idiotic questions ;)
There are no idiotic questions there are only such answers.
Without curiosity no progress.
And for the other question: yes, I am sure that there is no air traffic beside in times of military manoevres...

To answer your question, we are not going to answer your question. We do not condone modifying the software of proprietary equipment.

How are you so sure there isn’t air traffic. Planes fly over the ocean too.

Yeah, I see jet liners flying at 1.25 miles elevation all the time, especially over the ocean.

To answer your question, we are not going to answer your question. We do not condone modifying the software of proprietary equipment.
It's such a pity because my intention flying such high and even higher was another modification of my mavic: Every time it sees another flying object its playing an anthem when reconnaissing the nationality. So what a loss for all listeners not beeing able to do this ...

Last edited:
  • 15. The Forum Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations. Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the forum owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations. Any violation of another community rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.
  • 16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.
  • This thread is locked for the above reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242