DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can you tell you actually have the 7.85 Ultra?

ejmcompany

Reactions
I purchased what I believed to be the 7.85" Ultra and there is zero indication on the box or monitor itself. In fact the box and actual unit say model CS785 not CS785U... I bought from a reputable dealer that I know and trust who actually told me they didn't even buy the non ultra in the 7.85... I was unable to buy a power supply as they were out, I sit here wondering if I actually have the Ultra... the original price was marked $999 So that was correct, however I am still paranoid I have the wrong thing... If anyone here has an ultra and would look on the back of the unit where it says model number, I would like to know if yours says CS785 or CS785U? I guess it could be possible the dealer was shipped non ultra' s and received them as ultra's by accident as well... I will feel a lot better when I know in fact I have an ultra...

Ultra is marked CS785U Also, there is a U on the front of it.
They either mistakenly sent you the wrong one, or you got taken.

View attachment 26043
Thanks a lot... This is a reputable dealer and I asked three times if it was the Ultra and they believed it was... They even said they only bought the Ultras however I think either DJI sent the wrong model to them or maybe the 7.85 was originally $999 before the Ultra came out and this has been around a long time? Does anyone know if this is the case? Those are the only two logical conclusions I can think of... These guys don't rip people off and I think it's an honest mistake..

Ultra was originally priced at $999. That was what I paid when I placed the order. A month or so later they announced the price was dropping by $150. My dealer issued me a $150 refund making it $849. Originally the High bright model was $699 and was reduced at the same time to $599. It was never $999. The Ultra was once.
I would return it or ask them to exchange it for the right one.

Thank you so much for the clarification... So they have received the wrong model and I will have them get me the correct one...

Returned the CS to the dealer and they were apologetic about the situation. They are replacing when they get the correct one in...

Yes I actually saved them from another 3 people who would have had the same issue as all 4 they purchased were wrong. So they saved all that hassle...

Well that would be nice however I already bought one. Maybe they will throw in a power supply lol. I highly doubt it.. :)

Reactions: Gwangi
Just got the ultra and was wondering if I need any kind of matt screen coating for glare? Thought somewhere I read something about it helping.

Reactions: struijs
Just got the ultra and was wondering if I need any kind of matt screen coating for glare? Thought somewhere I read something about it helping.

Helps a lot. I bought cheap non glare protection stickers for an iPad at aliexpress and made them the right size.

Works great.

Peter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S