DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How did my drone start itself?

Northeast

Reactions
I went to fly my Air 2. I checked UAVForecast and B4UFLY. They are OK. I open my DJI case and the drone lights are on. I pull it out and it is very hot and making the "gimble with guard still on" noise. 2 spots are green on the recently fully charged battery. I opened the legs and removed the battery. The controller was not on and is cool. Does anyone know what may have happened? I am a tenderfoot, still very new but not at all casual or careless about being careful with this expensive and dangerous amusement.

I notice that when I leave my batteries connected to the charging hub but unplug the charging hub, they drain faster than ones that are left off.

I notice that when I leave my batteries connected to the charging hub but unplug the charging hub, they drain faster than ones that are left off.
Your post is off topic, but still something people need to not do. Leaving batteries connected to an unplugged charger is a good way to ruin a battery pack. They are still connected to the balancing circuits and it will drain them one cell at a time.

Reactions: Tufargon
Your post is off topic, but still something people need to not do. Leaving batteries connected to an unplugged charger is a good way to ruin a battery pack. They are still connected to the balancing circuits and it will drain them one cell at a time.
I was sort of trying to say that maybe that's the same thing that might be happening if you leave the batteries in the drone. Maybe some damage might happen if the components always have some type of supply of electricity. Considering somehow, electricity is being drained when connected to the charger, I figured maybe that might be the same thing happening when constantly plugged into the drone. Wasn't trying to be off topic. My apologies.

The biggest issue with leaving a battery in the aircraft inside of a case is what most likely happened here, something depresses the power button long enough to allow a power up of the aircraft inside the case. It usually does not fair well for the aircraft and battery.

I had an M2P battery go into FAULT and it would turn on automatically (randomly) when inserted into the aircraft. The one distinguishing factor is anytime it "Automatically Turned On" it would not turn OFF in the aircraft. After some testing and one last flight when I landed I could smell Burnt Plastic and that was the end of the line for that battery. Fortunately it was still under warranty and the seller replaced it no questions asked when they smelled it.

This happened to me one time too, I put my drone with the battery inserted into the fly more combo bag.
While I was carrying the bag I heard the turn on sound, the drone turned on!
Since then I always carry it with my battery disconnected.

Reactions: Capt KO
If you have a prop holder that wraps around the aircraft, that sometimes can push the button if the props are over the power button.

Can you show a picture of what ever that is when it is not attached to the drone please?

I'd be slightly concerned about the loose fibres breaking off and getting somewhere they shouldn't. It might be an idea to trim them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ