DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I cancel RTH

Lutzdrone

Reactions
If my Mavic goes into critical battery low RTH how can I quickly cancel this? Can RTH be left on but the low Battery RTH feature be turned off?

Why I Ask. I was flying under some trees and 10 seconds from landing when the Low Battery RTH kicked in and I did not want my mavick going up as it was under trees.

If my Mavic goes into critical battery low RTH how can I quickly cancel this?
If the battery reaches the critically low level, your Mavic will auto land at its current location (it will never RTH). While you can move the throttle stick to the full up position to prevent the Mavic from descending and/or help move your Mavic to a better landing location, there is no way to cancel the auto landing.

I was flying under some trees and 10 seconds from landing when the Low Battery RTH kicked in and I did not want my mavick going up as it was under trees.
Low Battery RTH is a different scenario. When the Mavic detects it only has enough power to make it back to the home point, Low Battery RTH will be initiated and a message will be displayed on the screen in DJI GO to alert you that your Mavic is going to auto RTH in 10 seconds. If you do not cancel that procedure from the screen in DJI GO, your Mavic will start returning home after 10 seconds. After your Mavic starts returning home, you can cancel that process by either pressing the RTH button on your remote controller or by canceling it from the left side of DJI GO.

If you'd like to prevent this from happening altogether, you should disable the "Smart Return-to-Home" setting in DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Smart-Return-to-Home-DJIGO4.jpg

If the battery reaches the critically low level, your Mavic will auto land at its current location (it will never RTH). While you can move the throttle stick to the full up position to prevent the Mavic from descending and/or help move your Mavic to a better landing location, there is no way to cancel the auto landing.

Low Battery RTH is a different scenario. When the Mavic detects it only has enough power to make it back to the home point, Low Battery RTH will be initiated and a message will be displayed on the screen in DJI GO to alert you that your Mavic is going to auto RTH in 10 seconds. If you do not cancel that procedure from the screen in DJI GO, your Mavic will start returning home after 10 seconds. After your Mavic starts returning home, you can cancel that process by either pressing the RTH button on your remote controller or by canceling it from the left side of DJI GO.

If you'd like to prevent this from happening altogether, you should disable the "Smart Return-to-Home" setting in DJI GO.

View attachment 16517

If I turn off Smart RTH will my Mavic Still RTH should I lose contact with the controller?
If the Smart RTH is turned off will the RTH button still work if I push the button on the controller?

If you disable "Smart Return-to-Home", your Mavic will not try to auto return home when the battery is getting low. None of the other RTH-related functions will be affected.

View attachment 16517

I am still confused about this "SMART RTH".
Here is the screenshot of my flight log. I'm flying very low hovering over a footbridge. I started my flight at 23% battery, at 19% that TIP screen appears and my mavic starts gaining altitude without giving 10 secs to cancel or any cancel button/slider.
Can anyone give me light on this? Can Low battery RTH or Smart RTH trigger auto RTH without notice or option to
cancel.
Because of this i crashed my drone :(
IMG_2269.PNG

I am still confused about this "SMART RTH".
Here is the screenshot of my flight log. I'm flying very low hovering over a footbridge. I started my flight at 23% battery, at 19% that TIP screen appears and my mavic starts gaining altitude without giving 10 secs to cancel or any cancel button/slider.
Can anyone give me light on this? Can Low battery RTH or Smart RTH trigger auto RTH without notice or option to
cancel.
Because of this i crashed my drone :(
View attachment 17025

Hello Federic, I crashed my Air under the same circumstances. At 19% auto RTH kicked in and there was no response by the DJIGo4 app when I touched the red (cancel) button. Till now I have had no anwers from DJI on this issue.

Reactions: ChristoHD
Yes... rough listen demeeb... I was outside doing my test... started to bring the Mavic down when the autohome warning countdown started. Just as it was where I could grab it, the countdown ended and the mavic took off straight up to 80+ feet. All that was there was lots of beech tree tops. I struggled doing what I could. It went back forth a lot trying to dodge trees. My throttles did nothing. Then at last it cut off and plummeted to the ground. Landed in leaves between two hard tree roots. ... Guess What? ... It still works!!! :)
I had forgot to read on how to turn off AutoHome... I never flew my phantom3 this close to the trees within the woods. I simply was flying low to test new camera settings on the mavic.
Blades are a little scratch.
A few leaf products on the mavic from its tree trimming bounce journey.
I'll say this : This is an awesome drone to survive that plummet.
Its kind of like buying a new car... go ahead and give it a scratch so you don't have to worry about it anymore...
I'm trying to find a 'VERY CLEAR' answer to this situation because I know many 'accidentally' do this... to be continued..

Reactions: ChristoHD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest