DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I charge controller?

Yourguide

Reactions
I must be daft... can't figure out how to charge the controller... the cable that's plugged into it already goes to a lightning connector... that's for the phone... but the cable in the box with the Mavic that fits the port on the Mavic doesn't fit into the controller. The manual says Micro USB Power port... but I don't think it's the same as the Micro USB in the Mavic. One is squared the other is tapered.

Controller:
e2716dbf85f5d0c5ff7c354ed4e82f96.jpg

Mavic:
0984d9295e17f535b43d4e9c68fe01a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple has completely destroyed my ability to think for myself. I flipped the included USB cable over and it fits just fine. Maybe this will help someone else. LOL.

In my defense... they do look like different ports with the tapered edge and all. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree -- the port does look odd.

FYI, DJI support created the following video on this topic:

Yeah, I wonder what the logic was to not make it a standard micro usb shape.

Hey everyone,

Just a question about controller charging. When you plug in the micro usb cable and the lcd screen lights up with the word "CHARGING", does it stay lit up continuosly? Or does "CHARGING" disappear after a few seconds?

Why am I asking? My Mavic got delivered with a a controller that doesn't charge... and the reason why I didnt realise initially was because when i plugged it in, the LCD would display "CHARGING" and then disappear after a few seconds :/ I'm just wondering what normal behaviour is.

Hey everyone,

Just a question about controller charging. When you plug in the micro usb cable and the lcd screen lights up with the word "CHARGING", does it stay lit up continuosly? Or does "CHARGING" disappear after a few seconds?

Why am I asking? My Mavic got delivered with a a controller that doesn't charge... and the reason why I didnt realise initially was because when i plugged it in, the LCD would display "CHARGING" and then disappear after a few seconds :/ I'm just wondering what normal behaviour is.

Radio continues to display "CHARGING" and the battery % underneath ...

Reactions: Enigma
Yeah, I wonder what the logic was to not make it a standard micro usb shape.
I wonder if they were going to go with a USB C cable then changed their minds?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom