DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I charge the battery without the hub?

jonatious

Reactions
I purchased the standard version and was planning on buying one more battery and charging one when flying another. I dont want to charge more than 1 at a time. I basically don’t need a hub, but my only option is to use the hub to charge a single battery or charge it when inside the drone? Seriously?

I basically need a cable that connects directly to the battery port

If you only want to charge 1 battery at a time, I feel using the aircraft is a more elegant solution. That way you just need a USB C cable and compatible charger, nothing speciality.
This was my planned workflow. I own 2 batteries. I deplete one. When flying with the second, I will be able to charge the first one for at least 35 mins(flight time of 2nd). So theoretically I could continuously get 35 + 35 + ~15 mins of flight time at one place. But if the charging first depleted battery is only possible in the drone, then I have no way to charge the first battery when flying the second.

I think anyone using more than one battery has the hub? 🤷‍♂️

I want a cable that directly connects the power brick to the battery like my MA1. Or a usb C to battery port converter 😓

This was my planned workflow. I own 2 batteries. I deplete one. When flying with the second, I will be able to charge the first one for at least 35 mins(flight time of 2nd). So theoretically I could continuously get 35 + 35 + ~15 mins of flight time at one place. But if the charging first depleted battery is only possible in the drone, then I have no way to charge the first battery when flying the second.

I think anyone using more than one battery has the hub? 🤷‍♂️

I want a cable that directly connects the power brick to the battery like my MA1. Or a usb C to battery port converter 😓
Oh, missed your comment about buying a second. My bad. I'd just watch Amazon, I'm sure PGYTECH or someone will make a charger soon. If you need something now, the hub at $89 isn't a bad value.

Oh, missed your comment about buying a second. My bad. I'd just watch Amazon, I'm sure PGYTECH or someone will make a charger soon. If you need something now, the hub at $89 isn't a bad value.
yeah it isnt bad, it’s just that I will be buying a hub and mostly only charging one battery on it all the time 😓

I purchased the standard version and was planning on buying one more battery and charging one when flying another. I dont want to charge more than 1 at a time. I basically don’t need a hub, but my only option is to use the hub to charge a single battery or charge it when inside the drone? Seriously?

I have the same question.

I had a portable charger made by Smatree that had an internal battery and could charge 2 batteries at the same time for my Mavic 2. I'll be waiting for something like that for the 3.

Reactions: bkushner
Yeah, DJI knew what it was doing. That is why I think the M3 Fly More Combo is a good deal. That is the package that will sell the most from DJI.

I owned the M1 and the M2P and each of those drones had a charger where we could charge a battery while flying with another battery.

With this drone, DJI completely eliminated that on purpose. These companies are kind of tricking us to spend a lot of money on their drones.

Someone earlier mentioned, it's just the Apple way to charge additionally but promote with conservation.
No charger even in the basic set (> 2k Euro) is just incredible tbh.

Reactions: jonatious
Yeah, DJI knew what it was doing. That is why I think the M3 Fly More Combo is a good deal. That is the package that will sell the most from DJI.

I owned the M1 and the M2P and each of those drones had a charger where we could charge a battery while flying with another battery.

With this drone, DJI completely eliminated that on purpose. These companies are kind of tricking us to spend a lot of money on their drones.
Exactly. DJI is becoming so cheap. They are giving you a stupid controller that comes with a $400 mini drone and forcing you to buy the smart controller and now this hidden thing. Forcing you to buy the charging hub for no reason or even pushing you to think fly more combo is good. If the fly more combo came without the bag for $300 lesser I would absolutely take it 😅

I had a portable charger made by Smatree that had an internal battery and could charge 2 batteries at the same time for my Mavic 2. I'll be waiting for something like that for the 3.
Hopefully something soon

No Hanatora charger yet for M3 but keep your eye out.I have a Hanatora for M2P that charges up to 4 batteries at once and also can get batteries to 50% for storage.

Reactions: ssvdh66
I am thinking of similar setup. Ideally fully enclosed pocket charger like for mini 2 - so it can stay in the trunk of my car while I am driving
Keep in mind that you will need 65W power supply - these are hard to come by.

I am thinking of similar setup. Ideally fully enclosed pocket charger like for mini 2 - so it can stay in the trunk of my car while I am driving
Keep in mind that you will need 65W power supply - these are hard to come by.
If there was an adapter to convert the usb c to battery port, I will just use the DJI’s charger itself

I was thinking more "out in the field" options, like powerbanks
yeah at that point we will have to go fully non OEM and I generally prefer not to do that. Seriously, how hard is for DJI to launch the charger with that adapter? They literally wanna grab all the money and wanna push you to buy the hub or the whole Fly More combo

yeah it isnt bad, it’s just that I will be buying a hub and mostly only charging one battery on it all the time 😓
I think if you bought a couple of extra batteries to go with that hub, you will wonder "why didn't I do this before?"

I think if you bought a couple of extra batteries to go with that hub, you will wonder "why didn't I do this before?"
I won’t. I don’t want to buy another battery and hub for $300 which I dont need. I have been flying the MA1 for 3 years now and I have 3 batteries which last 15 mins each and I never needed a fourth battery ever with a total max flight time of 45 mins till date. I’m definitely not buying a 3rd battery for another $210

Reactions: Richmond_Aerials
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom