DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I check the remote charge status ?

Ninogui

Reactions
Hello everyone,
I have a pending factory order for a full mini kit and it´s still "processing" so I don´t have it,
but this crossed my mind as I see close to no info on this:

- How do I check the remote controller charge status ?
and btw,
- Does it auto charge the connected phone or tablet ? can I disable this ? (if this is true makes no sense to me, I´d rather have the mobile with no battery than the remote)

thks in advance

I assume it is simmiliar as to the MA: if you just press short on the on/off button, the lights of the battery will light up and show the charge available.

Ok thks that means analog (light) display (no app display), I can of course live with that. But does it attempt to charge the mobile / table and if yes could this be disabled ?

To check the Mavic Mini remote charge status a short press on the power button will light up none/some/all of the 4 indicator lights on the front of the controller - as per @Olav van Gerven 's presumption that it is the same as the Air.

If you have an android phone it WILL charge itself from the remote's battery (it's a very slow charge rate) and there's no easy way around this. Recommended to to fully charge your device before flying. This charging for android devices is all to do with USB requiring the host to supply a minimal current to the connected device. Apply devices DON'T charge from the remote as they have a proprietary apple connector and don't need the host to provide this current.

I use an android device and find that the remote battery will easily last for 3 full flight batteries (ie over 1hr in the air)

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello everyone,
I have a pending factory order for a full mini kit and it´s still "processing" so I don´t have it,
but this crossed my mind as I see close to no info on this:

- How do I check the remote controller charge status ?
and btw,
- Does it auto charge the connected phone or tablet ? can I disable this ? (if this is true makes no sense to me, I´d rather have the mobile with no battery than the remote)

thks in advance
This isn't meant as a sarcastic comment, but you can find the manual here

Lots in there, definitely worth reading.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Ok thks for the tips!

I just hoped there would be a way to avoid this unnecessary toll on the mobile´s battery life in the long run (and it will)..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e