DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I connect the Ipad to my Mavic Plat

JerryL770

Reactions
I'm an Oldie and have little idea how to run an Ipad.

I was given a Mavic Platinum for Christmas so that I can inspect the guttering on my house o_O .... amongst other things :)

I have flown the Mavic using the RC and using my Samsung J5 phone (separately) with WiFi connection but the J5 will not work in conjunction with the RC and Dji GO4. The J5 is not compatible. So I got an Ipad Mini 3 to use with the RC, to provide a decent size screen. I have a new short RC Link cable to connect the Ipad to the RC.

When I power up the RC with the Ipad installed and connected, the Ipad will turn on and I can start the Dji GO4 app. The Mavic being turned on, the RC connects OK but I just get a screen on the Ipad showing nothing from the Mavic camera and "Not connected" showing at the top left of the screen. Could someone please tell me how I get properly connected.

I find modern instructions for this type of equipment (digital cameras etc.) to be virtually useless. They tell you all about what something will do but nothing about how to do it. MOST FRUSTRATING!!!!

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Jerry

There is a small switch on the right side (if looking at the Mavic from the rear). It is located under the small flap near the body contour. Press that flap downwards so it slides off. It is attached by a rubberized tether so dont pry it down with gorilllllaaaaa strength.

Then you will see (after you put your glasses on) a small slide switch. This switch controls weather the Mavic uses WiFi or the Remote Controller. You want to make sure you have that switch in RC mode and not WiFi

Reactions: j.laws
Are you using the full size USB port on the bottom of the RC to connect the iPad? If so, you need to physically remove the short cable from the side port.

Reactions: j.laws
Thanks for the responses.

The Mavic is switched to RC.

I have used both the Ipad Lightning cable plugged into the RC USB port and a new short Lightning cable plugged into the Ipad and the RC power port (16 - according to the manual.)

There is something I have missed doing to get the Ipad talking to the Mavic through the RC unit.

Should I separately connect the Ipad to the Mavic via Wifi? That does not seem right to me.

Should I separately connect the Ipad to the Mavic via Wifi? That does not seem right to me.

Correct, as you stated in your post #1: The Mavic being turned on, the RC connects OK
You have link between RC and AC. Do not modify the setup.

What IOS version are you running on your IPad? There were glitches in IOS versions 11.1.x in handling USB connections.
Either stay on 10.x if you are on that IOS level, or upgrade to 11.2.2

Are you using the full size USB port on the bottom of the RC to connect the iPad? If so, you need to physically remove the short cable from the side port.
Make sure you have done this ↑↑↑.

Reactions: phoenix3
Make sure you have done this ↑↑↑.

Yes, I was sure to do that, thanks.

Correct, as you stated in your post #1: The Mavic being turned on, the RC connects OK
You have link between RC and AC. Do not modify the setup.

What IOS version are you running on your IPad? There were glitches in IOS versions 11.1.x in handling USB connections.
Either stay on 10.x if you are on that IOS level, or upgrade to 11.2.2

Please bare in mind that I'm not familiar with Apple gear. This Ipad is my first item.

In "Settings", I go to "About" and half way down the right hand column is "Version" and this says 11.0.3 (15A432). Is this the IOS version?

Reactions: JerryL770
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e