DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do i connect to any of the LAANC APPS

Oroku Saki

Reactions
I have the DJI RC PRO remote controller with the DJI fly app already installed and DO NOT NEED TO CONNECT THAT TO MY DRONE. I need to know how to connect to any of the LAANC Apps. People keep not reading what Im posting and telling me how to connect the DJI FLY app to my mavic 3 which is not helpful. I have The Mavic 3 Cine and every app Im in gives me only the most basic non detailed description of what I need to do to connect to the LAANC app. I would like to connect to any one of the LAANC apps but it is not connecting to any of the LAANC apps. If anyone could help me figure out what I might be missing when trying to connect to any of the LAANC apps that would be helpful in connecting my drone to the LAANC apps. I hope I have said LAANC enough so that you understand I do not need to connect to the DJI FLY app but instead the LAANC apps.

I have the DJI RC PRO remote controller with the DJI fly app already installed and DO NOT NEED TO CONNECT THAT TO MY DRONE. I need to know how to connect to any of the LAANC Apps. People keep not reading what Im posting and telling me how to connect the DJI FLY app to my mavic 3 which is not helpful. I have The Mavic 3 Cine and every app Im in gives me only the most basic non detailed description of what I need to do to connect to the LAANC app. I would like to connect to any one of the LAANC apps but it is not connecting to any of the LAANC apps. If anyone could help me figure out what I might be missing when trying to connect to any of the LAANC apps that would be helpful in connecting my drone to the LAANC apps. I hope I have said LAANC enough so that you understand I do not need to connect to the DJI FLY app but instead the LAANC apps.
Hi Oroku,

You said "connect to the LAANC" app several times. However, you don't connect to a LAANC app. Instead, you need to download and install a LAANC app such as Aloft or Airmap. Then, prior to flying, you run the LAANC app to check your flight area and obtain authorization from the FAA, if necessary. You then fly using DJI Fly or whatever app you use for flying.

Does that make sense?

Aloft and the other apps for requesting LAANC clearance are separate applications from the DJI Fly app. They don't interact with the drone or controller. You can even run them on a computer, phone, or tablet entirely separate from your flying gear.

LAANC apps don't connect to your drone, they are completely independent apps. You run them and request your LAANC, you'll receive an email and text message with your LAANC approval.

Install B4UFLY and ALOFT on an internet connected device. When I get to where I want to fly, I open the app "B4UFLY". That will tell me if I need authorization where I am because I'm in a "restricted Area". When I choose to get authorization, B4UFLY takes me to ALOFT where I can get the nauthorization, which gets emailed or texted to that device which is what Faster said above. It gives you a Lat/Long location, height you can fly, duration of clearance and start & stop time.

Once I have authorization to fly, THEN I open DJI FLY, and connect to my drone. It makes no sense to do all the setup of my drone, DJI FLY, wasting battery, etc if I'm not allowed to fly there. They are separate events and processes.
I hope this helps...

LAANC apps don't connect to your drone, they are completely independent apps. You run them and request your LAANC, you'll receive an email and text message with your LAANC approval.
Ok thanks. I hadn't actually got my first LAANC authorization at the time I posted that so I wasnt quite sure how it all worked yet.

I got LAANC approval but when I fly my Mavic Classic more than a few feet, I get a warning that I'm in controlled space and I should land ASAP

I got LAANC authorization but when I start flying my Mavic 3 classic, I get a warning that I'm in controlled space and I should land ASAP. Thoughts?

I know this message is weeks old and hope some one reached out to you with some help.
You can use the Fly Safe app with the authorization information to unlock the GeoZone that is giving you the message.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser