DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Do I Film In Hyper-motion?

MadDogDan

Reactions
I am just learning how to use my OP and was very curious about an effect I see people do all the time. I know there is a video “setting” for slow motion but see people posting videos all the time shot in fast hyper motion. Since I don’t see a setting for it, I assume you achieve this by setting your film speed “before” you start filming? Do you speed up the frames per second or slow them down or achieve this with editing software?

Reactions: mnis
I am just learning how to use my OP and was very curious about an effect I see people do all the time. I know there is a video “setting” for slow motion but see people posting videos all the time shot in fast hyper motion. Since I don’t see a setting for it, I assume you achieve this by setting your film speed “before” you start filming? Do you speed up the frames per second or slow them down or achieve this with editing software?
I've done it for you:
dji osmo pocket hyperlapse - Google Search
I hope it helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer

Set your frames per second to 30FPS if you are shooting in 4K or 60FPS in 1080p. The effect is done in a video editor by deleting every some odd frames or by playing the frames back at a higher frame rate then filmed.

So let’s say you want to double the speed of your footage and you have a 5 minute video at 30 FPS for instance. That would be 9000 frames. So it could either play back your footage at 60 FPS reducing the viewing time to 2.5 minutes or it could delete every other frame and maintain the 30 frames per seconds reducing the number of frames to 4500 and also last 2.5 minutes.

The difference between these two methods will be how your audience perceives the speed. Playing the video that has less frames will actually SEEM like it’s moving faster then the video that is played back at a higher frame rate due to the way our brains interpret the video.

You’ll need to video editor to do either method.

Reactions: mnis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123