Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I found out there are at least 5 drones in my neighborhood
A mavic mini a knock off mavic clone a mavic air 2 a mavic 3 and a mavic 2 pro

I spotted them all in a span of 3 weeks and they all are close by
And so far 2 of 5 actually intetereacted with me when I was flying

What I want is to find the pilots so I can meet them and Mabye become friends with them

I tried to follow the drones to the home point but signel is bad

Just now the same mavic kind of drone came the same time I was flying and hover at the same location my drone was and followed it again
He just couldn't follow me back to the ground

I've never been so desperate to find them
Every sighting and interesting I have with these mystery drones are potential strong friendships waiting to happen and I always lose that chance simply because I couldn't follow the drones back to their home point

I am very surprised that even here where it's dangerous and full of gangsters and what not there are still drone pilots here and I am surprised there are so many

At this point, any suggestion would help me
I really REALLY want to meet and make friends with whoever are flying them

When you're flying at the same time just fly a little closer to the other drone; you'll then have a GPS location. Drive to that approximate location and take off and maybe spot the other drone again. With the GPS location you can get an idea with a satellite view of the area.
Post some YouTube videos of your own flights on a public channel and add tags that might help other person find them for more information. The other pilot may have a YouTube channel so use YouTube to search for videos that might have been posted.

When you're flying at the same time just fly a little closer to the other drone; you'll then have a GPS location. Drive to that approximate location and take off and maybe spot the other drone again. With the GPS location you can get an idea with a satellite view of the area.
Post some YouTube videos of your own flights on a public channel and add tags that might help other person find them for more information. The other pilot may have a YouTube channel so use YouTube to search for videos that might have been posted.
I can't drive

Reactions: mavictk

What I want is to find the pilots so I can meet them and Mabye become friends with them

Just now the same mavic kind of drone came the same time I was flying and hover at the same location my drone was and followed it again

Every sighting and interesting I have with these mystery drones are potential strong friendships waiting to happen and I always lose that chance simply because I couldn't follow the drones back to their home point

I am very surprised that even here where it's dangerous and full of gangsters and what not there are still drone pilots here and I am surprised there are so many

Personally, I would be real careful of flying your drone close to theirs. And If I saw another drone trying to get close to mine, I would immediately abort the mission and live to fly another day.
You also don't know what the intent of the other pilot is. If it were me, just advertise on craigslist or someplace to start up a secure email conversation. Possibly form a pilot club and have a meeting in a well populated area.

Personally, I would be real careful of flying your drone close to theirs. And If I saw another drone trying to get close to mine, I would immediately abort the mission and live to fly another day.
You also don't know what the intent of the other pilot is. If it were me, just advertise on craigslist or someplace to start up a secure email conversation. Possibly form a pilot club and have a meeting in a well populated area.
I would never crash drone into yours!
Only want to be your friend

I think it's a bad idea to follow a drone to wherever they came from and an even worse idea to visit that person. If someone came knocking on my door saying they followed my drone to my location, I'm sorry, but I'm going to be creeped out and not feel very friendly. Not trying to be harsh or anything but it is kinda creepy when you think about it. Also, it's not a good idea to fly by another drone as they could interfere with each other's signals and could result in one or both crashing; neither would be a good situation to be in.

You can use the Member's Map to find any pilots that may belong to this forum

I would never crash drone into yours!
Only want to be your friend
I would never crash drone into yours! - That's famous last words spoken there.
There is something called respect ones airspace. If I saw you flying a drone in the area and I was already up in the air and you weren't respecting my space, I would more than likely end my flight and probably try to avoid any contact with you whatsoever, but if I didn't want to end my flight, I would either fly lower than you or maybe higher than you, but I would keep a respectable distance. If your drone started coming in closer to mine, I would land and walk away. If I were in the area and saw your drone up in the air before I launched, I would wait until you landed before I launched mine. Even if you have excellent experience flying a drone, mistakes can happen, radio interference can happen, mechanical things can happen. You can be friends without having to fly drones together.

Of course you need to be vigilant really understand the neighborhood where you fly, the potential flight restrictions, and all safety-related issues. In Baltimore suburbs with open space is not the same a downtown streets. Only you as the pilot can review that data to make sure you have a safe flight.

Reactions: Rchawks
You can use the Member's Map to find any pilots that may belong to this forum
Didn't realize this existed. I just check and I don't show up on the map. With just city and state address the flag location is way off. I guess I need street adress.

Didn't realize this existed. I just check and I don't show up on the map. Is there a special setting I need?
You must make sure that your address is accurate and listed in your settings. If that doesn't work, contact @clackey for additional help

Tie a sign to your drone that says "Follow Me". I'm sure in Baltimore they would be more than happy to do so.

I would never crash drone into yours! - That's famous last words spoken there.
There is something called respect ones airspace. If I saw you flying a drone in the area and I was already up in the air and you weren't respecting my space, I would more than likely end my flight and probably try to avoid any contact with you whatsoever, but if I didn't want to end my flight, I would either fly lower than you or maybe higher than you, but I would keep a respectable distance. If your drone started coming in closer to mine, I would land and walk away. If I were in the area and saw your drone up in the air before I launched, I would wait until you landed before I launched mine. Even if you have excellent experience flying a drone, mistakes can happen, radio interference can happen, mechanical things can happen. You can be friends without having to fly drones together.
He means that he would never fly into somebody else's drone INTENTIONALLY. You DO realize that this young man is autistic, right? He's just trying to meet people that he can gain some friendships with.

Reactions: mavictk
He means that he would never fly into somebody else's drone INTENTIONALLY. You DO realize that this young man is autistic, right? He's just trying to meet people that he can gain some friendships with.
Intentionally or not. Autistic or not. Rules and safety need to be followed. Regardless. Let me ask this. IF he were to fly next to another drone to “ meet people that he can gain friendships with “ and he accidentally hit that drone and crashed Would the FAA disregard that event just because he’s autistic? No matter whatever affliction , autistic, dementia, sleep deprivation, operating under influence of other substance… the FAA would frown on that with steep fines. He needs to know the laws regardless of his conditions as do we all

Read his posts. He buzzes people to make friends. He need the education to fly a drone responsibly

Last edited by a moderator:
Intentionally or not. Autistic or not. Rules and safety need to be followed. Regardless. Let me ask this. IF he were to fly next to another drone to “ meet people that he can gain friendships with “ and he accidentally hit that drone and crashed Would the FAA disregard that event just because he’s autistic? No matter whatever affliction , autistic, dementia, sleep deprivation, operating under influence of other substance… the FAA would frown on that with steep fines. He needs to know the laws regardless of his conditions as do we all

Read his posts. He buzzes people to make friends. He need the education to fly a drone responsibly
He doesn't buzz people he hovers near them and trys to signal them with his drone. He is current on the rules with some help from the good people on the site.

removing the stick was a pretty good idea though, seems like you may have forgotten what you were like @ 17 years old.

He doesn't buzz people he hovers near them and trys to signal them with his drone. He is current on the rules with some help from the good people on the site.

removing the stick was a pretty good idea though, seems like you may have forgotten what you were like @ 17 years old.
The fact that I do remember what it’s like at 17. If it weren’t for someone educating me of what’s legal and not. who knows which way I would have gone. It really doesn’t matter what age he is… rules still apply. Law still applies. Ethics still applies…. Consideration of others still applies. Hovering near without prior knowledge and buzzing is the same thing. Besides all that, if I had a drone target me for "friendship" I would view it as an invasion of privacy. Some here would defend that, but that's how I would feel If a drone flew above me, first Id think it was for photography or videography. If it made signals, then I would get pissed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest