DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I get paid for a classified item

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I'm sure this is an old question, but I am considering selling my Mavic Mini 2 and bundle. How do forum members usually insure getting payment? I am reluctant to use eBay and Pay Pal to avoid fees. I am not familiar with Venmo and Zelle. Can anyone out there educate me? I am really old fashioned.

Dale
Miami

I'm sure this is an old question, but I am considering selling my Mavic Mini 2 and bundle. How do forum members usually insure getting payment? I am reluctant to use eBay and Pay Pal to avoid fees. I am not familiar with Venmo and Zelle. Can anyone out there educate me? I am really old fashioned.

Dale
Miami
Hi Dale,
I do a LOT of online sales. The 3.5% fee Paypal Goods And Services charges is worth the security for the buyer so they are usually willing to cover that.

Mike

Hi Dale,
I do a LOT of online sales. The 3.5% fee Paypal Goods And Services charges is worth the security for the buyer so they are usually willing to cover that.

Mike
Thanks Mike for you timely help. I am a long standing member of Pay Pal as a result of selling on e-Bay which I have done a lot. But now they have parted ways (e-bay and Pay Pal). . I went on the Pay Pal web site to see how I can use Pay Pay and their Q and A section still confused me. Where on the Pay Pal site do I put the listing?

Thanks Mike for you timely help. I am a long standing member of Pay Pal as a result of selling on e-Bay which I have done a lot. But now they have parted ways (e-bay and Pay Pal). . I went on the Pay Pal web site to see how I can use Pay Pay and their Q and A section still confused me. Where on the Pay Pal site do I put the listing?
You put the listing here and give the buyer your paypal email to pay for the item through Paypal. I too have been an ebay seller for almost 20 years and I hate the way ebay does their payments now.

Good luck, Mike

Reactions: BSauce955
I haven't sold anything on this site but I do occasionally elsewhere. I use paypal and have not been burned (keeping my fingers crossed). My sale price includes the fees.

Dale
Miami
If you have the buyer send it on PayPal as friends and family, there are no fees charged to either of you. I have purchased several items that way from folks. It works very well and is instant if you have your PayPal account tied to your bank.

paypal and other forms of payment are now doing also if you the seller receives 600 or more in payments you will get sent a tax form and need to pay taxes on those payments as income. so ya the paypal friends and family is less secure for the buyer but it will save the seller having to pay taxes as well

paypal and other forms of payment are now doing also if you the seller receives 600 or more in payments you will get sent a tax form and need to pay taxes on those payments as income. so ya the paypal friends and family is less secure for the buyer but it will save the seller having to pay taxes as well
That is good to know. Thanks!

That's really lame to be honest.

That's really lame to be honest.
Yup. I agree. We already pay state and federal taxes. Cash FTF or PayPal F&F FTF, both after testing the item. For little guys like us that scrimp and save it hurts. Most times we gotta sell one to get one so we are already taking a loss. Now to pay additional taxes only adds insult to injury.

Reactions: BSauce955
If you have the buyer send it on PayPal as friends and family, there are no fees charged to either of you. I have purchased several items that way from folks. It works very well and is instant if you have your PayPal account tied to your bank.
Great tip thanks
Yup. I agree. We already pay state and federal taxes. Cash FTF or PayPal F&F FTF, both after testing the item. For little guys like us that scrimp and save it hurts. Most times we gotta sell one to get one so we are already taking a loss. Now to pay additional taxes only adds insult to injury.
To my way of thinking, these companies do us a great service providing protection for both the seller and the buyer. Without them, there would be very little recourse if you sent your item and the buyer withheld the item, and vice versa. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind to me and I am for it.

Dale

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Great tip thanks

To my way of thinking, these companies do us a great service providing protection for both the seller and the buyer. Without them, there would be very little recourse if you sent your item and the buyer withheld the item, and vice versa. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind to me and I am for it.

Dale
PayPal getting their fee is fine. It's a service That works pretty good. What I'm referring to is the additional taxes needed to pay over $600.

PayPal getting their fee is fine. It's a service That works pretty good. What I'm referring to is the additional taxes needed to pay over $600.
To add to that, all PayPal really does with this protection is hold the buyer's money until the package has been marked as delivered and in my personal experience, it's fairly difficult to get your money back unless the seller simply agrees. I mean, 3% is a pittance to pay and they don't do much so yes, I agree that despite the difficulty in getting your money back, the price for the services is fair.

Well if you put an item on consignment in your local hobby or sporting goods shop, will they be giving you a tax form? What about Craigslist or Offerup?

Well if you put an item on consignment in your local hobby or sporting goods shop, will they be giving you a tax form? What about Craigslist or Offerup?
Eventually there will be no cash and income tax will be charged on every cent deposited into your account.

Yup. I agree. We already pay state and federal taxes.
That's what that's about, not something additional.

They might not give you one but you're still supposed to declare it as income on your tax forms on your own if applicable...

I don’t like using EBay since they parted ways with PayPal, their fees are too high now and you have to factor that in with the selling price.
Have used PayPal extensively with absolutely no problems.
They make good middlemen to ensure, as much as possible, that both parties are genuine.
I suggest stick with PayPal.

I don’t like using EBay since they parted ways with PayPal, their fees are too high now and you have to factor that in with the selling price.
Have used PayPal extensively with absolutely no problems.
They make good middlemen to ensure, as much as possible, that both parties are genuine.
I suggest stick with PayPal.
I’ll tell ya what really gets me with ebay is that they charge their ridiculous fees, not only on the selling price, but also the sales tax and shipping. That is a downright scam! Sellers should not have to pay fees on those no way, no how.

Mike

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme