DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I manually lower the white balance?

Ripper7620

Reactions
I'm guessing that the lower the number, the less whites, is this correct? Thank you in advance.

I'm guessing that the lower the number, the less whites, is this correct? Thank you in advance.
No, this is totally incorrect. Its about the temperature of what should be white (or gray). Generally speaking, the correct setting for the scene you are filming will result in what looks white to your eyes actually look white on the picture. You can set the custom white balance in the go4 menus, the last setting literally says "custom".

The advantage of manually setting white balance is that it doesn't change - for example as you pan up and down.
This can be quite annoying and hard to correct when editing.
The Auto WB otherwise works pretty well.
You might select sunny or cloudy preset as appropriate, I usually set it manually on about 5800.

The advantage of manually setting white balance is that it doesn't change - for example as you pan up and down.
This can be quite annoying and hard to correct when editing.
The Auto WB otherwise works pretty well.
You might select sunny or cloudy preset as appropriate, I usually set it manually on about 5800.
Thank you, I've tried the presets, and my whites are always blown out, even with a ND16-PL filter.

No, this is totally incorrect. Its about the temperature of what should be white (or gray). Generally speaking, the correct setting for the scene you are filming will result in what looks white to your eyes actually look white on the picture. You can set the custom white balance in the go4 menus, the last setting literally says "custom".
Thank you, I've decided to use the custom setting, and set it mid-flight using the over exposure warning.

Thank you, I've tried the presets, and my whites are always blown out, even with a ND16-PL filter.
That's over exposed then, nothing to do with white balance.
For simplicity set exposure on auto and then your wheel works as exposure compensation.
You want to be on around 0.0 as a rule, a couple of clicks either side is usually OK if you want it a bit brighter or darker.

That's over exposed then, nothing to do with white balance.
For simplicity set exposure on auto and then your wheel works as exposure compensation.
You want to be on around 0.0 as a rule, a couple of clicks either side is usually OK if you want it a bit brighter or darker.
The problem with setting it on auto, is of course that it changes throughout the flight, which is not ideal for post production editing, so I would rather set it manually, for the sake of consistancy throughout the video. I have 32 & 64ND-PL filters on the way to further compensate.

That's not what happens though, as you turn or pan up and down your locked manual settings are almost never right, so exposure is inconsistent not consistent.
Manual would work OK if you were flying steadily in one direction.
Auto exposure is smooth and stepless on the Mavic, and will almost always get best results.

Reactions: Ripper7620
That's not what happens though, as you turn or pan up and down your locked manual settings are almost never right, so exposure is inconsistent not consistent.
Manual would work OK if you were flying steadily in one direction.
Auto exposure is smooth and stepless on the Mavic, and will almost always get best results.
Thank you, I'll give a try, I've got nothing to lose.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest