DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I program authorization into my DJI drone to fly in restricted airspace?

corneliuslasvegas

Reactions
I just purchased a DJI Air 2s. Awesome product btw. I registered it online with the FAA at DroneZone, paid my $5 fee, got my registration #.
I set up an acct on the app Kittyhawk(Aloft) now how do I go about syncing the app account and my drone so if I get a LAANC approval the drone knows if can take off?

I just purchased a DJI Air 2s. Awesome product btw. I registered it online with the FAA at DroneZone, paid my $5 fee, got my registration #.
I set up an acct on the app Kittyhawk(Aloft) now how do I go about syncing the app account and my drone so if I get a LAANC approval the drone knows if can take off?

I live in Class G airspace and haven't had the opportunity to try it.

Here are some search results for you from the Forum.

I think you have to unlock DJI first, and then apply for LAANC authorization.

Search results for query: Unlocking geo zones

Good luck. :)

I have a DJI account but the dji.com/flysafe is so complicated. I cannot figure it out. When I draw a zone on the unlock map it wants me to upload paperwork that authorizes me to fly in that geo area. And even though I have the altitude and location selected it turns red and says "field required". WTF?

Last edited:
LAANC and DJI unlock are completely unrelated. LAANC puts you on the right side of the law with the FAA, and zone unlock allows the drone to actually be able to take off and enter the zone. Just take your time and read about the self unlock procedures on DJI's web site and practice doing it. Part of the process involves providing the controller SN. it's confusing at best, but what they are really after is the SN of the drone, not the thing you fly with.

Reactions: rcourtney671
Remember that LAANC will only approve you to fly within the allowable altitude limit on the UAS Facilities Map. If you want to fly higher than that, you will need a Certificate of Authorization from the FAA. And THEN you'll have to send that to DJI to get an unlock code for the area.

I have a DJI account but the dji.com/flysafe is so complicated. I cannot figure it out. When I draw a zone on the unlock map it wants me to upload paperwork that authorizes me to fly in that geo area. And even though I have the altitude and location selected it turns red and says "field required". WTF?
Might you be requesting Custom rather than Zone unlocking? When you have to draw a zone it always requires authorization document upload. Try Zone unlocking to see if that works for you.

1641680817940.png

Reactions: spamgnome
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3