DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I reset my battery cycles?

mavicmodx

Reactions
How do I reset my battery cycles? I have cp2112 but my program freeze only on cycles option

Last edited:
I think SkyeHigh is asking, 'why would you want to reset the cycle count in the first place?' many pilots use it as a measure of how much life the batteries have 'used up'.
Yes, I can see the point if you have changed the cells in in a battery but for the average user, who can't re-cell a battery, this "resetting of the count" would be akin to resetting the mileometer on a car.

Last edited:
I think SkyeHigh is asking, 'why would you want to reset the cycle count in the first place?' any pilots use it as a measure of how much life the batteries have 'used up'.
Yes, I can see the point if you have changed the cells in in a battery but for the average user, who can't re-cell a battery, this "resetting of the count" would be akin to resetting the mileometer on a car.
yes, that's exactly what I did. i modified the battery and i also want to reset the cycles... with the program dji battery killer, everything else works but not luck with the battery cycle s which annoys me quite a bit… when trying to apply the number for cycles the program freezes, can someone help me?

The count wouldn't prevent you from using it. The cell health, variant, and inability to provide peak amperage/voltage would. You may get some errors when it can't provide the juice the motor needs.
thanks, i think to repair some old cells with new, in this case, i need to reset the bms

Last edited:
I think SkyeHigh is asking, 'why would you want to reset the cycle count in the first place?' many pilots use it as a measure of how much life the batteries have 'used up'.
Great response. I agree.

Why do you need to reset the count if everything else is working ? Does the battery just stop working because the count is too high?
I also have a CP2112 and have repaired batteries. I get what the OP is asking... I have multiple drones and even more batteries. By resetting the cycle count after replacing cells, the cycle count would continue to be a useful quick way to know the battery state. Without resetting it, the user is burdened with having to remember ... 'oh yeah that battery isn't as old as the software says'. Not a huge issue, but inconvenient.

Reactions: mavicmodx
yes, i make it with different version of battery killer software, and it work.
Which version of the software did you use? I have 0.5B2. I haven't connected to a battery to check, but it looks like you might have a newer version?
Given this software is created by a Ukrainian, up to date information is scarce!

Which version of the software did you use? I have 0.5B2. I haven't connected to a battery to check, but it looks like you might have a newer version?
Given this software is created by a Ukrainian, up to date information is scarce!
I think mine version is lower that yours, I will check tomorrow and write to you.

I also have a CP2112 and have repaired batteries. I get what the OP is asking... I have multiple drones and even more batteries. By resetting the cycle count after replacing cells, the cycle count would continue to be a useful quick way to know the battery state. Without resetting it, the user is burdened with having to remember ... 'oh yeah that battery isn't as old as the software says'. Not a huge issue, but inconvenient.
I have dealt with this, and don't know the answer. However, when you're dealing with that many batteries etc., one would be wise to keep a simple journal and mark your batteries accordingly. Whatever system works for you.

Reactions: AnzacJack
0.4 Beta 2 Can i have you version ?

That’s what I’m thinking as well. I know I won’t be buying any batterys new or used from Bulgaria. Just saying…

If you are at the stage where you can re-cell and maintain multiple batteries batteries, surely you would be able to keep decent battery logs and the need for resetting cycles wouldn’t matter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123