DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I self-unlock a DJI authorization zone before I fly into that authorization zone?

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
I was at a site. I applied for and received LAANC authorization. I know that has nothing to do with unlocking an authorization zone but someone is bound to ask about it so I thought I’d get that out of the way. My take-off location was outside the DJI authorization zone but I needed to fly into the authorization zone. There didn’t appear to be any way for me to trigger the unlocking process from DJI Go4.

I’ve self-unlocked at a previous site when taking off within the authorization zone after the restriction noticed appeared. But, in this case I needed to fly into an authorization zone. After taking off, when I hit the invisible barrier, I received both an audible warning and a popup message. However, there was no obvious way to initiate the self-unlock.

I landed and tried to do a self-unlock using the DJI self-unlocking web site. However, the DJI web site said “Sorry, do not support submitting applications on mobile devices. You can submit it through the PC page.” <rant>Really? They haven’t figured out how to make a web site work on an iPad yet?</rant>. I had no choice but to give up.

After getting access to a laptop computer I was able to do a scheduled self-unlock. I then went back to the site the next day and successfully flew my mission.

Would someone tell me what the trick is to self-unlock on-site (outside of a blue authorization zone) using the DJI Go4 app so that you can fly into that blue authorization zone?

Reactions: mark conners
I was at a site. I applied for and received LAANC authorization. I know that has nothing to do with unlocking an authorization zone but someone is bound to ask about it so I thought I’d get that out of the way. My take-off location was outside the DJI authorization zone but I needed to fly into the authorization zone. There didn’t appear to be any way for me to trigger the unlocking process from DJI Go4.

I’ve self-unlocked at a previous site when taking off within the authorization zone after the restriction noticed appeared. But, in this case I needed to fly into an authorization zone. After taking off, when I hit the invisible barrier, I received both an audible warning and a popup message. However, there was no obvious way to initiate the self-unlock.

I landed and tried to do a self-unlock using the DJI self-unlocking web site. However, the DJI web site said “Sorry, do not support submitting applications on mobile devices. You can submit it through the PC page.” <rant>Really? They haven’t figured out how to make a web site work on an iPad yet?</rant>. I had no choice but to give up.

After getting access to a laptop computer I was able to do a scheduled self-unlock. I then went back to the site the next day and successfully flew my mission.

Would someone tell me what the trick is to self-unlock on-site (outside of a blue authorization zone) using the DJI Go4 app so that you can fly into that blue authorization zone

mavic pro here.
it makes a fuss about responsibility/ all legally liability. yadda yadda. then it give you the option. but then it is your baby . do you get that warning? it then lets you fly . I think you need to have it switched in the settings?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143