DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Do I Use The Micro SD Slots in My 5.5" Crystal Sky???

MadDogDan

Reactions
I have just been using my 5.5" CS as a monitor and pull the Micro SD card out of the Mavic, insert the card in a reader plugged into my iPad to transfer my videos to social media. If I put a spare Micro SD card in one of the slots in the CS will whatever I record on the MP automatically record onto the CS's card? I know the CS cache has a copy of what the MP records but will that same footage transfer to the SD card automatically or do I need to go through some steps to make it happen.

Bottom line is it seems like it would be easier to pull the SD card from the CS rather than opening that tiny little door the Mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: dannyw777
The video that's transmitted back to the Crystal Sky over a radio connection is never going to be as high quality as what's recorded on the microSD card in the Mavic, which is hardwired to the camera. The radio transmission ranges from 720p to 1080p, depending on distance, and is subject to glitches and dropouts.

The video that's transmitted back to the Crystal Sky over a radio connection is never going to be as high quality as what's recorded on the microSD card in the Mavic, which is hardwired to the camera. The radio transmission ranges from 720p to 1080p, depending on distance, and is subject to glitches and dropouts.

Makes sense so what is the main use of the two microSD slots in the CS for?

I use the MicroSD slots as holders for, well, MicroSD Cards.

I'm pretty sure this is the only reason DJI built two slots in to the side.

Reactions: whouven
The DJI Go4 editor can download the actual photo and video files from the AC over the RC/AC connection, you can then save this to the SD card in the CS

Also you can take the SD card out of the Mavic and view your Hi quality photos and video on the CS and move them to another SD card if you want to.

Yeah, I get all that but again, I've just never had the need, that's all :)

I just pull the card from the Mavic and put it straight in to the computer Thumbswayup

Yeah, I get all that but again, I've just never had the need, that's all :)

I just pull the card from the Mavic and put it straight in to the computer Thumbswayup

Maybe you'll need this if your out on the trail, your SD cards are full and you don't have your computer with you ?

I got this DJI Hardrive , but it doesn't work by itself, you need something like the Crystalsky to be an intermediary, but it does make for a more compact option, if your travelling light.

https://www.seagate.com/au/en/consumer/backup/dji-fly-drive/

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser