DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you charge your Mavic 2 batteries? (poll)

How do you charge your Mavic 2 batteries?

• DJI Wall Charger (comes with all Mavics)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • DJI Charging Hub (from the Fly More Combo)

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Powerextra (Yx) Charging Hub

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Tercel Charging Hub

• Powerextra (Yx) Parallel Charger

• RCGEEK Charging Hub

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (tell us what you're using below)

• Total voters

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
There are many options available to charge Mavic 2 batteries. What are you using to charge them?

Here are a few of the most commonly used Mavic 2 battery chargers:

1. DJI Wall Charger

Charges 1 battery in 1.5 hours. See more details here.

M2-DJI-Wall-Charger.jpg

2. DJI Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 6 hours. See more details here.

M2-DJI-Hub.jpg

3. Powerextra (Yx) Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 5 hours. See more details here.

M2-Powerextra-Hub.jpg

4. Tercel Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 1.2 hours. See more details here.

M2-Tercel-Hub.jpg

5. Powerextra (Yx) Parallel Charger

Charges 3 batteries in 1 hour. See more details here.
    M2-Powerextra-Parallel.jpg

6. RCGEEK Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 1.5 hours. See more details here.

M2-RCGEEK-Parallel.jpg

The risk of using a 3rd party battery charger always scares me. Not because I know anything about battery charging, but because I don't.

I'm just innately afraid of a charging fire, or damaging the battery in some way that it loses power too fast (or suddenly fails) in flight. Or that some feature of the intelligent battery might not work.

I would love to be convinced that the last charger listed (4 batteries in 1.5 hrs) is safe both for charging and flying.

I use the DJI charge hub about 85% of charging, the remainder 15% use the enclosed car charger to top off batteries while I’m on route to flying areas.

Paul

I have the DJI wall charger, the DJI charging hub and the Tercel charging hub. If I am in no rush, I use the DJI charging hub. If I am in a little more of a rush, I'll use the DJI wall charger and the DJI charging hub at the same time, allowing two batteries to charge at once. I've only used the Tercel charging hub a few times for charging, and it seemed to work fine, although the fans are very loud. The Tercel will also discharge a battery to storage levels, and I've used that function many times.
Tim

Reactions: wingbotics
The DJI hub needs the DJI wall charger. You can think of the hub as an intelligent switcher.. So don't you have two wall chargers?

I use the DJI hub, which as I mentioned needs the charger in order to get power from the wall or car.

By the way, the Tercel is also a car charger. Most car outlets would not be able to handle the current needed to charge 4 batteries simultaneously. Each battery draws around 72w which at 12v is 6A. 4 batteries would be 24A. Outlets are usually limited to 10A or so.

Looks like the fly-more kit is pretty popular :)

I use the hub with the standard wall charger and I also use the included car charger so I can charge two batteries at once. I have a 35 Amp, 12 Volt power supply that has a cigarette lighter socket that works with the car charger.

The DJI hub needs the DJI wall charger. You can think of the hub as an intelligent switcher.. So don't you have two wall chargers?

I use the DJI hub, which as I mentioned needs the charger in order to get power from the wall or car.
I had the DJI hub originally. When I did a DJI Refresh after a crash, they sent me the new drone, along with a nice new wall charger. So now I can use both at the same time.

There are many options available to charge Mavic 2 batteries. What are you using to charge them?

Here are a few of the most commonly used Mavic 2 battery chargers:

1. DJI Wall Charger

Charges 1 battery in 1.5 hours. See more details here.

View attachment 118142

2. DJI Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 6 hours. See more details here.

View attachment 118143

3. Powerextra (Yx) Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 5 hours. See more details here.

View attachment 118144

4. Tercel Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 1.2 hours. See more details here.

View attachment 118145

5. Powerextra (Yx) Parallel Charger

Charges 3 batteries in 1 hour. See more details here.
    View attachment 118146

6. RCGEEK Charging Hub

Charges 4 batteries in 1.5 hours. See more details here.

View attachment 118147

Hanatora Battery Home Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro and Remote Controller,5 in 1 Rapid Charging Hub with ...

Hanatora Battery Home Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro and Remote Controller,5 in 1 Rapid Charging Hub with Charging, Discharging and Storage

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm just innately afraid of a charging fire, or damaging the battery in some way that it loses power too fast (or suddenly fails) in flight. Or that some feature of the intelligent battery might not work.
I hear you, but many people have been using 3rd party battery chargers for some time now. I have yet to see anyone in this forum mention a 3rd party charger destroyed a battery. As long as you go with a trusted name brand (like those listed above), I think you'll have a good experience too.

I had the DJI hub originally. When I did a DJI Refresh after a crash, they sent me the new drone, along with a nice new wall charger. So now I can use both at the same time.
Lucky you! They didn't send me one. Perhaps they felt they already gave me a bonus by replacing the entire remote for the cost of one antenna?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007