DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you fold a landing pad?

oldcelt

Reactions
I bought a foldable 80cm heli landing pad which came in a convenient circular carrying bag - great! The only problem is I can't work out how to re-fold it to get it back in the bag
confused.png
. Can anyone help please?

You try about a dozen different ways, randomly turning and twisting. Then suddenly it just flops together properly. No idea how you got it to do it. LOL

Reactions: HVYMTL
It's kind of like riding a bike. Once you figure it out, you just do it without thinking.

I bought a foldable 80cm heli landing pad which came in a convenient circular carrying bag - great! The only problem is I can't work out how to re-fold it to get it back in the bag
confused.png
. Can anyone help please?

- hold the landing pad verticaly in front of you
- grab the metal rim with both hands. Left hand on the 9 o'clock position, right hand at 3 o'clock
- left hand with thumb facing up, right hand twisted 180 deg., so your right thumb faces down
- now twist both hands in opposing directions (like you do when wringing a wet towel)
- don't be shy about it! After some wringing and wriggling, the pad will collapse into the smaller diameter and fit in its bag

Try it a couple of times and the move will become second nature :). It is a neat trick. If performed well it will draw rounds of frenetic applause from all bystanders

- grab the metal rim with both hands. Left hand on the 9 o'clock position, right hand at 3 o'clock
- left hand with thumb facing up, right hand twisted 180 deg., so your right thumb faces down
- now twist both hands in opposing directions (like you do when wringing a wet towel)
- don't be shy about it! After some wringing and wriggling, the pad will collapse into the smaller diameter and fit in its bag

Try it a couple of times and the move will become second nature :). It is a neat trick. If performed well it will draw rounds of frenetic applause from all bystanders
Many thanks.

Reactions: newguy
Hahaha, I have a photographic reflector which is built the same way. I've always handed them both to my wife who can do it in about 4 seconds. It takes me 15 minutes and then I give up in a fit of rage!

Reactions: kadras and conchman

HAHAHA Thanks bro.

The one for my car windshield has a less formidable wire hoop and folds a lot easier. This one is quite stiff.

I did read one report of the metal seam breaking and the end causing an injury.

Man, I can totally identify with Gremlin16 on this. As someone else mentioned, you just keep twisting it every way possible and suddenly, it works. (Unless I finally destroy the thing in a fit of rage :).)

Landing pads are created like photo reflectors. Working in television, we've been using these for many years as fill devices in interviews or outdoor reporter standups. Some reflectors are quite large and especially difficult to collapse if you aren't accustomed. They're also great intern "tests" and inevitably always handed to the newest person on the set for a good laugh. I've also taught college lighting courses and have done similar tests with newbies in class. "Here, figure this out" only to see the uninformed struggle for a few minutes. Once you've done the opposite hand twist a few times, it becomes second nature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent