DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you get flight telemetry on mm

Craig Notts

Reactions
Hi all when I download my videos from my Mavic mini ,why doesn't it she the telemetry. It just shows the flight time. When I see videos on you tube you can see the height and distance traveled

Some of the video details are embedded in a subtitle stream within the file itself.

The telemetry resides inside the DJI Fly app folder in your Mobile Device as a .txt file. That contains the real telemetry such as your commands and actual data received from the drone such as heading, pitch, roll, yaw, speed, altitude and so on.

Hi all when I download my videos from my Mavic mini ,why doesn't it she the telemetry. It just shows the flight time. When I see videos on you tube you can see the height and distance traveled
In addition to @m80116 , I'm trying to make it a habit to start my device to "screen record" a low resolution video with audio. It shows (of course) exactly what is on the device's screen and any audio comments the mic picks up available for immediate review. So all the telemetry is on there and the map screens as I switch views and it shows me any warnings. Now I can replay and pause the playback and actual hear and read the info. Amazing how many warnings I miss seeing and hearing when flying.

Starting the recording with audio as soon as I start the fly app is teaching me to follow the proper steps, like making sure I have enough satellites, acknowledging any fly restrictions, confirming HP "on the map" so I know that the home point is where I want it instead of meters away (if I didn't wait). Saying my check list and readings out loud so the audio is also recorded reminds me to check RTH height, altitude and distance restrictions, battery %, flight mode, etc.

Give it a try and see how much you've been doing wrong or were unaware of. It's also a low res backup of your flight. Let us know what you think.

Reactions: B52-D and m80116
Another way to see your flight data and keep a historical record of your flight activity you can joint Airdata UAV with either a free or subscription membership.

As an example this is a link to my Saturday 4/4/2020 flight and When you share a flight you can choose what data is available when someone views your shared flight

You do have to do two things for this to work
1) you need to link AirData with your DJI account
2) Upload your flight data to DJI after your flights
You do that from within the fly app. From the Home screen click on the 'Profile' link. On the resulting page left side towards the bottom click on the 'More' button. On the next page that opens in the upper right corner there should be a link to upload, click that and your data is uploaded to DJI.
Once the data is uploaded in about 15 to 30 minutes AirData will hvae done a sync and your fight data will appear in your account once you log in

But anyway can I add that even the Fly app has a log viewer which is quite capable ?

Profile > Flight Data Center

You can replay all if your logged flights with satellite view and stick control inputs

Its very simple play recorded video on VLC player and press v you will see telemetry with each second with camera changes also

Give this a go, it's a bit fiddely to get the video to sync with the data file but a bit of practice and it works quite well ... I also suggest OpenShot Video Editor for free easy video editing :

OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!

OpenShot is an award-winning free and open-source video editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows. Create videos with exciting video effects, titles, audio tracks, and animations.
www.openshot.org
www.openshot.org

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll