DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you guys deal with FedEx deliveries?

AyeYo

Reactions
I've never had this issue until buying DJI products. It seems common practice for DJI and most vendors to send packages via FedEx Home, direct signature required, with no alternate delivery options enabled. This is absolutely infuriating because no normal adult is home in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday (Home only delivers Mon-Fri), so how on earth am I supposed to sign for a package? They also intentionally disable the option to have FedEx leave the package a branch location to be picked up at the buyer's convenience. That means the only remaining option is to "schedule" a time window... which is a ridiculous four hour period of either 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm. So I'm supposed to do what, take a day off from work and sit home for an entire afternoon or morning to wait to sign for a $170 battery, while USPS leaves my $2000 laptop on the porch without a signature no problem?

If i dont mind it sitting outside I write a note to the driver with the tracking info, my info and my signature with a request to accept it as my signature. This method has worked for me several times. I have asked for it to be placed in a garbage can before though.

Reactions: Squamer and AyeYo
If i dont mind it sitting outside I write a note to the driver with the tracking info, my info and my signature with a request to accept it as my signature. This method has worked for me several times. I have asked for it to be placed in a garbage can before though.

That's brilliant. I'm on my last delivery attempt tomorrow before it gets sent back to DJI undeliverable. I hope that works.

I actually think the sticker they leave has a spot for a signature to count if you are not there the next time they come.

Reactions: Kilrah
I've never had anything sent with that extreme. Actually, I had my P4 delivered to work and someone else here signs for it. I have another delivery coming from them on Friday the same way. So usually it requires a sig but this can be from anyone at that location. It does not need to be the person it's addressed to.

I do also find it odd that the address cannot be changed to a Fed Ex office. I've not tried with DJI but that's never been the case with anything sent before. As they allow someone else to sign at my work place, you may want to check your options again.

Usually I'm able to sign the paper they leave, waiving the need to obtain a sig. I then opt to have it delivered to a Fed Ex office. Lacking that, I have it delivered to the place I work. Even if someone else cannot sign, they could always call me down to sign. But I doubt that would be needed.

Edit:

I just tried the option to deliver to Fed Ex office:

upload_2017-2-14_14-41-5.png

Pretty funny.

Call FEDEX, explain your situation, pre-sign for the package over the phone, AND ensure they called the delivery agent to confirm that the signature is not required at delivery anymore. i've done it several times, but lately I just wait at home, salary work has a few little perks.

Call FEDEX, explain your situation, pre-sign for the package over the phone, AND ensure they called the delivery agent to confirm that the signature is not required at delivery anymore. i've done it several times, but lately I just wait at home, salary work has a few little perks.

Already tried. "Call the shipper, they need to enable the option." I'm not going to sit on the phone with DJI customer support for two hours and have them end up either not doing it or not even understand what I'm asking. At this point if the note and signed missed delivery slip don't work, I'll simply let it go back to DJI and demand a refund, then buy a battery locally.

Unfortunately I can't deliver to my work because 1. I work with a bunch of scumbags that would make the package disappear, 2. I won't even be there for half the delivery issue.

Already tried. "Call the shipper, they need to enable the option." I'm not going to sit on the phone with DJI customer support for two hours and have them end up either not doing it or not even understand what I'm asking.
Said by a person who's obviously called DJI support before. :)

Tru dat.

Though, in their defense I find it only takes then about 45 minutes not to understand and act like they will address the matter.

Same issues here.

I actually made a mistake and put in the wrong sitting in my shipping address but the right zip code (chalk it up to extreme excitement and it being 1am). I spent 45 minutes dealing with them through chat. They told me they would take care of it and didn't... It's supposed to be here thursday according to the tracking numbers but it's still sitting at the hub in hong kong.

Fortunately I have a good relationship with the fedex guy and he's going to look out for it at the local hub. I put in the city I use to live in out of habit with the correct zip code. My current driver is out of the same hub as my old driver so he's going to get with him Thursday morning. Let's hope it all works out.

Reactions: AyeYo
Wish I knew my driver but... I'm never home when they're delivering. I took the suggestion of leaving a nice note, along with multiple signatures and the prior day's failed delivery form also signed. Wish me luck.

Already tried. "Call the shipper, they need to enable the option." I'm not going to sit on the phone with DJI customer support for two hours and have them end up either not doing it or not even understand what I'm asking. At this point if the note and signed missed delivery slip don't work, I'll simply let it go back to DJI and demand a refund, then buy a battery locally.

DO NOT send anything to those morons expecting a refund. After two months waiting, I instituted a chargeback for $68.00

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DO NOT send anything to those morons expecting a refund. After two months waiting, I instituted a chargeback for $68.00

Unfortunately I won't have a choice if the driver doesn't accept my note. FedEx attempts delivery three times, then returns to sender. I'm sure it'll absolutely be a hassle to get a refund and will likely result in a chargeback. I'll never order direct from DJI again or from dronenerds.com, since they both insist on using this idiotic "all alternative delivery options disabled" FedEx shipping.

It might be a little different because I'm from Memphis (where the FedEx hub is) but if I miss the delivery then I have to go to their package pickup place after 6pm and I can get it myself. Otherwise they will attempt the next day. Guess after closing time they all get sent back to sorting.

What is strange is that the pickup location is quite far away from the hub itself. I'm 6 miles away from the hub but it takes 30 minutes to get out to their pickup location.

Do you live in a major city? FedEx might have a central location where the packages go to after a route finishes.

I got extremely lucky today. My mavic was supposed to arrive tomorrow and I had planned on it, luckily my wife was home sick today and was able to sign for it.

If the package needs a signature, you should get a door tag and the package will be kept at the local FedEx distribution center. The door tag will have the address of the FedEx center and after what time it will be available. I usually just pick it up from FedEx after work, or if it's a Friday I can grab it Saturday. Most FedEx locations are open until at least 7pm and Monday - Saturday.

If the package needs a signature, you should get a door tag and the package will be kept at the local FedEx distribution center. The door tag will have the address of the FedEx center and after what time it will be available. I usually just pick it up from FedEx after work, or if it's a Friday I can grab it Saturday. Most FedEx locations are open until at least 7pm and Monday - Saturday.

Nope. When DJI mails something out FedEx they intentionally disable the options to have the package held at a FedEx branch, delivered somewhere else, left with a neighbor, etc. They will ONLY delivery it directly to the original address, Mon-Fri, 12pm-4pm or 8am-12pm. There is no option to sign the failed delivery slip (which I tried to do anyway last night). That's it. If the delivery fails because you aren't there, rather than doing the logical thing holding it at FedEx branch, they simply reattempt the delivery, in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday when there's just a little chance you'll actually be home. They do this three times, then return the package to the sender. I've gone through this with dronenerds.com with my Mavic (and thankfully my wife got out of work early on the last attempt day), so I stopped ordering from them. Now apparently DJI ships the same way. For a $170 battery. What a joke. Meanwhile, my $300 order from Polar Pro was just left under the grill by USPS without an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+