DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOW DO YOU KNOW

If you set a maximum distance in DJI GO (or are flying in beginner mode), it'll stop and you'll see a message on the screen in DJI GO.

When you loose signal and it returns to home. Max distance takes two things into factor, battery life and remote control signal. Max distance is a relative term, relative to your battery life and relative to the signal. Different things can effect that such as wind. In way points, it is possible for your device to travel outside your signal and continue the mission but if it runs out of battery, you reached max distance and either emergency land at 10 percent battery or RTH.
Additionally, your device will tell you when it has traveled as far as it can without running out of battery before it turns around and comes home.Hope this helps.

When you loose signal and it returns to home. Max distance takes two things into factor, battery life and remote control signal. Max distance is a relative term, relative to your battery life and relative to the signal. Different things can effect that such as wind. In way points, it is possible for your device to travel outside your signal and continue the mission but if it runs out of battery, you reached max distance and either emergency land at 10 percent battery or RTH.
Additionally, your device will tell you when it has traveled as far as it can without running out of battery before it turns around and comes home.Hope this helps.
thanks kind of scary to loose expensive drone like that

It will stop when it hits the geofence (beginner mode), or when it hits the distance you set in the app. It will stop, you will see a popup message, and it will tell you the same as long as the volume is turned up on your device.

I wonder where they go when you fly them so far that they don't get back.. They must not be dangerous to anyone in the air or on the ground. If so, there would be a law against flying them beyond where you could see them. That would protect you from loosing a drone, and to keep kids in there back yards from an emergency room visit.

I wonder where they go when you fly them so far that they don't get back.. They must not be dangerous to anyone in the air o
r on the ground. If so, there would be a law against flying them beyond where you could see them. That would protect you from loosing a drone, and to keep kids in there back yards from an emergency room visit.

Yup, there are laws, FAA regulations say it has to stay in line of sight.....

I wonder where they go when you fly them so far that they don't get back.. They must not be dangerous to anyone in the air or on the ground. If so, there would be a law against flying them beyond where you could see them. That would protect you from loosing a drone, and to keep kids in there back yards from an emergency room visit.

There are things like drone trackers but to be honest, I have had to land because the wind picked up and my lil guy couldn't make it back but it shows me the last location but I got lucky and I could see the video and was able to land between trees. When it hit's 10 percent you can control where it lands but you can't move forward or backwards. You just point the camera all the way down and pray you don't hit something when it lands.

I don't think I would be happy with my last safety step being a prayer that it doesn't hit somebody when it decides to land. I'm pretty sure that is one of the reasons the law says you have to keep it in visual line of sight.

Yup, there are laws, FAA regulations say it has to stay in line of sight.....
Just to amplify what you said, there are laws, and FAA regs. The FAA regs (Part 107) apply if you are not flying as a hobbyist under the law. But one of the things the law (FAA Modernization Act of 2012, Sec 336) says you have to do to qualify as a hobbyist is to stay in visual line of sight. I have seen to many ill informed posts here saying the FAA regs don't apply to us, but then leaving out the public law part that does. Either way you fly, VLOS applies to you when flying a Mavic in the US.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123