DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you organize your footage/pics?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I have been getting into shooting with a Air 2 and my mini for the better part of this year.... I have started to gather a lot of pictures and raw video and while I use some to do some thing I really am curious how you guys all store and organize your media so you can consume./edit it later?
App's, theories, examples are appreciated.

I started storing by date, but that didn't really work out. The way I store now is by place name. With sub directories of video, still and timelapse. All sorted by date within the folders.

I store the raw footage on one drive on my PC, and the work in progress / finished articles on an SSD in my PC.

Everything is backed up automatically once a day to a standalone storage drive on my network.

Editing for videos is with Adobe Premiere Pro and stills (I rarely take them to be honest) would be with Photoshop.

I use a similar method to Greekislandlover
Store everything on external hard drives in folders relevant to the subject,for example one called Lakes then inside that I have separate folders for video & stills.
Projects I am working on are saved to my PC in a similar manner.
If it’s important save to at least 2 different physical drives.

Store all my raw files on an external NAS that is backed up nightly. Never remove from my cards until I am sure backup is successful. If I am on the road copy from cards to laptop and then upload from laptop to NAS when internet is available. Again do not delete from card till sure NAS has been backed up.

Files are stored by

1. Camera (eg mavic pro, samsung phone, Nikon DSLR .....etc)
  2. year
  3. Month
  4. location

Reactions: Greekislandlover

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa