DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Do You Override No Fly Zones?

gixxerbill

Reactions
I swear I hate nanny stuff. I know it isn't smart to fly near an airport and I wasn't near one probably 3 or 4 miles away. All I wanted to do was to fly low (40ft tops) around the goalie nets on a flat soccer fields. But the stupid app wouldn't let me. How do I disable that restraint?

You should only have a warning at that distance and no actual issues until you are about 1 mile away from a major airport.

Turn Geo Mapping off in the settings.

Again, even with it on, the software won't prevent you from flying at that distance.

FAA requires that you notify the airport and tower of your flight.

Even though your flying low, FAA wants to know just in case of a fly away. I think the drone will land within 3 miles of an airport? I live on the border of a 5 mile airport radius and I can still fly without a problem. But my flights were only inside my house lol.

You should only have a warning at that distance and no actual issues until you are about 1 mile away from a major airport.

Turn Geo Mapping off in the settings.

Again, even with it on, the software won't prevent you from flying at that distance.

FAA requires that you notify the airport and tower of your flight.
forgot about a little airport that no one flies out of anymore 1.2 miles. Guess it's under two miles not one. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest