DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you view your DJI flight logs? (poll)

Which app(s) are you using to view your DJI flight logs?

• Airdata

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • CsvView

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Flight Reader

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Phantom Help Log Viewer

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • TXT-to-CSV Log Converter

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Something else (tell us what you're using below)

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
There are various apps available for viewing DJI flight logs. Which app(s) are you using?

Here are a few of the most commonly used DJI drone flight log viewers:
  1. Airdata
    Upload DJI flight logs and view online. See more details here.

2. CsvView
    Graph data from DJI flight logs. See more details here.

3. Flight Reader
    Privately view, analyze, and store your DJI flight logs offline. See more details here.

4. Phantom Help Log Viewer

5. TXT-to-CSV Log Converter
    Convert DJI flight logs to CSV format. See more details here.

Last edited:
As I have a paid Airdata subscription my own logs end up there for a quick glance, some wind overviews & to add to the battery trends there ... anything specific, I turn to CsvView. Store all my txt & dat logs offline also.

For others ... 98% CsvView, the rest a mix of Airdata, PhantomHelp & CSV put up in excel.

I don't view the logs that much anymore. Was novel and interesting in the beginning. But unless I see errors or warnings that I don't understand during a flight, I will just save the Logs on my PC as my form of record keeping. When I do view the logs I use Airdata's free account, then delete the log file once I'm done. I also clear the logs from my ChrystalSky regularly.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I suspect the majority of people are in this category.
Jeez how is that possible ... I'm half panicked as my new FPV drone doesn't have log possibilities, in need of my usual DJI log fix after each flight, it calms me down o_O:p

• Haha
Reactions: gamayun
I have been watching them play on my tablet but recently discovered Phantom Help Log Viewer in my quest to get the telemetry onto my videos with Dashware, which has not been going well. I really like the display on that site though. I will probably screen record my controller at this point and put it in a little superimposed box on the HD videos and call it good.

I have been watching them play on my tablet but recently discovered Phantom Help Log Viewer in my quest to get the telemetry onto my videos with Dashware, which has not been going well. I really like the display on that site though. I will probably screen record my controller at this point and put it in a little superimposed box on the HD videos and call it good.
Try to follow this clip on YT regarding Dashware ... some files is also available in the clip description there that you can download.

Here a test I did on a flight with my Mavic Air ...

Reactions: JackL
Try to follow this clip on YT regarding Dashware ... some files is also available in the clip description there that you can download.

Here a test I did on a flight with my Mavic Air ...

Thank you for this!! I so wish someone would make a DJI specific program you could just drag the .dat and video into and go to town putting any of the telemetry data everywhere. I would pay top dollar for that!

My Airdata flights haven't showed up since Nov 17th. I'm starting to wonder what's going on...

I use the phantom help if I want to see a 'live' map and an 'artificial horizon' on my computer.

I use TXTlogToCSVtool or TXTlogToCSVtoolMM if I want to create csv's of the .txt flightlogs en-masse via the command line.
This leads to a question, the single line

FORFILES /m *.txt /C "TXTlogToCSVtool /c @file @fname.csv"

in a windows command window works beautifully for me on .txt files but I recently tried

FORFILES /m *.DAT /C "TXTlogToCSVtoolMM /c @file @fname.csv"

on/in the folder containing my Mavic Mini's DAT's and the csv's were 'wonky'. My question, should TXTlogToCSVtool* used as above work en-masse on DAT's? If so what am I doing wrong?

I use CsvView if I want to look at an individual log be that .txt or .DAT. I find the summary panel generated for .txt's to be EXTREMELY handy as it lists, the battery serial number and charge count, DAT number and App version, drone and controller serial numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know nothing about flight records, do i need an app to record or view records? Is there any reason I should record or even be able to view flight records, I just fly as a hobby

The DJI app generates the logs automatically.
You can "play them back" from the DJI app, as well as other apps as had been mentioned. It's interesting and fun to watch the playback.

But the logs provide diagnostic information for troubleshooting when needed.
It can answer questions like "why did it go left when I used the stick to go right?"

As an addition to DanMan32's answer, the drone/app create 2 logs for each flight, a log ending in .txt and that is the one that the app can replay. The other log ends in .DAT and contains different data, it is not replayable by the app. The DAT's are stored in a their own folder within the folder that is home to the .txt logs
CsvView can read both types of log and generate charts from that data.
A suggested word of warning, I believe that if you sync your logs with DJI the DAT's are wiped, I will stand correction on that but if I am correct then either do not sync or, if you wish to keep the DAT's, sync intermittantly and backup/copy the files to computer before you sync.

The DJI app generates the logs automatically.
You can "play them back" from the DJI app, as well as other apps as had been mentioned. It's interesting and fun to watch the playback.

But the logs provide diagnostic information for troubleshooting when needed.
It can answer questions like "why did it go left when I used the stick to go right?"
How or where do I need to go if I use the DJI app to view

Welcome screen of the app, either "profile" or "me" then "flight record" or similar.

There are various apps available for viewing DJI flight logs. Which app(s) are you using?

1. Airdata

2. CsvView

3. Flight Reader
    Privately view, analyze, and store your DJI flight logs offline. See more details here.

Good post and thanks for the info. I use AirData but will be researching the others.

Reactions: msinger

1. Airdata

2. CsvView

3. Flight Reader

Hi friends, I built, for my own use, an app to plot my DJI flight logs on a map.
I decided to host it online and share it with whoever wants to use it.

If is free: DJI Tools - Nexus Solutions

I make no money out of this, just thought it would be useful to others.
I'll be adding GPX export and other stuff as time goes on.
Cheers!

1. Airdata

2. CsvView

3. Flight Reader

Hi friends, I built, for my own use, an app to plot my DJI flight logs on a map.
I decided to host it online and share it with whoever wants to use it.

If is free: DJI Tools - Nexus Solutions

I make no money out of this, just thought it would be useful to others.
I'll be adding GPX export and other stuff as time goes on.
Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada