DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do your rotate (yaw) the gimbal?

MavicMikeGA

Reactions
I know how to pan up and down - Not a problem at all. However, is there a way to rotate (yaw) the gimbal to look left and right while flying? Presently, I just aim the drone what what I want to video but the this is a 3-axis gimbal so what am I missing?

Mike

Reactions: chad7218
No. You must yaw the aircraft.

Reactions: MavicMikeGA
You don't.

The stabilization features can sway the gimbal yaw slightly to compensate for motion, but otherwise it tries to return to airframe heading quickly. There is no manual control. Yaw the aircraft.

Reactions: MavicMikeGA
That's not true the first mavic pro I had DID turn left and right with the right side wheel but after a few firmware upgrades it's gone.

Note that in course lock or some modes of waypoint headings you can fly straight (or to a waypoint) while turning the aircraft to aim the camera at whatever you want

iPhone 6S

+ 1 ^ Experiment with Course Lock and get good at it. Then you can fly in one direction while yawing the Mavic Pro and attached camera.

I am really confused about this - In a 02/10/2017 review published on DJI Mavic Pro Review they specifically mentioned: "The gimbal of the Mavic Pro is able to rotate the camera at 90 degrees left and right so you can cover a wide area of view with the camera." Plus if you calibrate the gimbal you can watch the gimbal moving left and right during the calibration process?????

The "review" is trash and they don't know what they're talking about. The 90° probably is confused with portrait mode, it's a 90° roll, not yaw.

The yaw axis is used for dampening but you can't control it directly and never could on the Mavic. The Inspire series can.

Reactions: DaddyDe
you need JUST to press your finger on the screen (if you use something like cellphone or pad), till a blu circle appear. Than just drag it where you want and the camera will follow it.
bye

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf